Trusted Contributor

HSN's TS 17.3" laptop........12/18?

To all you computer techies, is this a good one?  Any thoughts?  TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN's TS 17.3" laptop........12/18?

If I was in the market for a new computer, I'd want one with a faster processor. 

Esteemed Contributor

IMO the answer to your is it a good one question depends on your use and expectations.

If you want the latest and greatest, are planning on doing processor and/or video intensive work I would say go directly to manufacturers websites and customize according to your needs.

If you are primarily going to be surfing the Internet, sending emails, word processing, etc. then the TSV should easily meet your needs and then some.

When I am looking to replace a computer I figure out what my current needs are then go up one level so there is room to grow.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Contributor

I agree with @Marp assesment. This is a good entry level computer and should work well if used for basic tasks.

HSN is known for selling computers with entry level processors. They make a big deal in the live presentation of emphasizing that it's an Intel processor, and that it is. But it's Intel's entry level processor.

Anything graphic intensive will probably not perform well, but for basic tasks it should be fine.