Honored Contributor

I need a LAO3 genuine HP battery. the one I got from Amazon that said it would work on the HP15 notebooks does not.

it turns itself off, charged the battery, then, it shuts down.

serial # 5cd538129R

hp notebook 15 f272wm

HP doesn't sell them

battery shops don't have them in stock

amazon just carries stuff that says is compatible, but, won't work

Respected Contributor

@SharkE: Try Walmart online. I don't have a HP notebook, but bought a battery for my Dell Inspiron. Walmart sells batteries at a great price. Hope they have what you're looking for!

Honored Contributor

Hi, @SharkE!   Try contacting B&H Photo Video (bhphotovideo.com) -- if you're not familiar with them, don't let the name fool you.   They're a great resource, with an enormous inventory of everything from cameras to computers and replacement parts, and their representatives are knowledgeable and professional.    I wish you luck in your search!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SharkE

You may want to try ebay.

i actually bought a laptop while I was teaching because I wanted one just like the one I had!

Here is an idea of a vendor that has a battery that appears to fit your description: 

serial # 5cd538129R

hp notebook 15 f272wm

290690D3-F146-42E8-BCE5-4860D9A67F28.png

Vendors such as this that know their stuff can provide you with the right part ...they are fun to deal with.  Often they carry discontinued parts and/or reburbished parts.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Newegg is another source you might consider. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks you all got some searchin' to do LOL

Appreciate it !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Try 'newegg.com' for a battery. I bought one for my acer 7" tablet in December for $25.00. I was able to open up my tablet, remove the old battery and installed the new one. It was a perfect match for my acer. I fully charged the new battery and it works perfectly.

Check out this site and see if you can find the right battery for your HP. Hope this may help you.