Regular Contributor

I just got my Windows 10 update. It took from start to finish 75 minutes. Too early to see too much of a difference but now instead of internet explorer it is replaced by microsoft edge. I think the speaker is louder also because I had to lower it.

There's a search bar at the bottom of the notification screen that's different. Since I had desktop view on my windows 8.1, windows 10 also gave me the desktop view. I may later venture to give the tiles view a try, not sure.

The only problem I had was with Norton that I get from Comcast. It is now resolved but it was time consuming.

Honored Contributor

I was going to say be careful, still bugs to work out with it but I see you've already downloaded it.

Honored Contributor

HAL.jpg

@Runner26

Thank you so much for sharing... we haven't taken the "plunge" yet... so DH (Windows 8) and my computer (Windows 7) are looking forward to this fun... I really, really appreciate any input regarding this! : )

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I signed up but have not received my notification yet to download.   Kind of worried because I am not that computer savy.   If I have a problem, I will take to Geek Squad.  GS said they will help me out, if there are any problems.  I figure that is what I pay them for, so I will take advanage of their expertise.    GS also told me that there will be bugs.

Esteemed Contributor

I downloaded yesterday.  It took about an hour, but I was not sitting at my desk watching the process so it could have been longer. I've had no problems so far transferring my Windows 7 stuff over and I'm using Edge right now.  

I have a subscription to Trend Micro's Tech Support, and before starting the installation I checked with them to make sure one of their techs could help if I encountered a problem. Like the Geek Squad, they claim to be available to assist their customers who need help transitioning old computers over to Windows 10.  

Esteemed Contributor

I hate Windows 8 with their boxes and no back button, is Windows 10 any better or more like 7?

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't received my update yet either.  Thanks for letting us know about it runner!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I did not receive my notice either but on the bottom right of my screen it showed updates & there it was.  So far so good -   I found QVC ok.

Regular Contributor

I signed up for Windows 10 a couple months ago; I didn't get notification that it was available but I knew that it was somewhere around 7/30 so I clicked the Windows icon on the bottom right of my notification screen (the same icon where I reserved it) and it was ready to download. I downloaded it yesterday. I actually made a point of noting the time so for me it was 75 minutes.

It seems bluetooth is a little different. On Windows 8.1 when I wanted to send/receive a file all I had to do was accept. I just tried sending a picture from my phone to my laptop and it kept failing. I finally clicked on the bluetooth icon and played around. I think I clicked receive files or something. 

I never had Windows 7 so I don't know that operating system. I went from Vista to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I actually liked Windows 8.1, it just was a bit frustruating at first trying to figure out how to get to desktop view instead of tiles but after I figured that out I liked it.

I actually like Windows 10 so far. I mean there's a few cosmetic differences but really don't see much difference but I haven't really played around with it.

Respected Contributor

Mine is ready to download now.  I was a bit hesitant, so I went to CNET.com and read their review.  They give you lots of information and tips, and they like it.  So I'm ready to take the plunge.