Esteemed Contributor

Google's Free Radio Station- No Ads

[ Edited ]

Google has  introduced a new radio station ahead of Apple,s new DJ 6/30/15.

I have the station on my smartphone,PC, and an iPod Touch. You do need a Gmail account. It will remember your setting.

Tech is Great.

Respected Contributor

Re: Google's Free Radio Station- No Ads

Too bad you need a Gmail account,
I don't want to set one up just to try their radio.
😕

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Google has some very nice tools. You can have 15GB of free storage for emails, photos with a Google Drive, and a very nice calendar.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks fr posting Nutmeg, I'll check it out Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I wondered what this was the other day when I opened my Google Music Library.  I played around a little and I liked it a lot.  There were so many different mixes and moods.  

Funnily enough, I used my Apple Radio on my iPad yesterday for the first time in months and all my preset stations were gone and I couldn't figure out how to get them back.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  I closed Apple Radio and used Google instead.  I'll figure out the Apple version at some point and see what they changed and what's new and different.  It's frustrating when you want to jump in and use something like you've always done and it's all different. 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting us know about it. I signed up but for free there are ads with no ads 9.99/month. I also got an email from Apple to try their service for free for 3 months then it would be 9.99/month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Funnily enough, I used my Apple Radio on my iPad yesterday for the first time in months and all my preset stations were gone and I couldn't figure out how to get them back.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  I closed Apple Radio and used Google instead.  I'll figure out the Apple version at some point and see what they changed and what's new and different.  It's frustrating when you want to jump in and use something like you've always done and it's all different. 

I was having a problem making a custom radio station in NEW iTunes 12.2.

I found a solution. It works for a Mac or PC. http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/os-x-how-to-create-custom-radio-stations-in-iTunes-12-2

Honored Contributor

Without ads, how do they pay for it?  Probably by selling your listening habits to marketers.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Google has  introduced a new radio station ahead of Apple,s new DJ 6/30/15.

I have the station on my smartphone,PC, and an iPod Touch. You do need a Gmail account. It will remember your setting.

Tech is Great.

Maybe I'll check it out. Apple has had a radio/streaming service for quite a while now and I really like it. I'm not entirely sure what's different or better about the paid version. The Radio option only works on wi-fi, so maybe the paid version works with the data carrier. I've been really happy with the music Apple Radio plays, but haven't signed up for the free trial subscription of the Apple Music service yet.