Honored Contributor

Google Chrome + AdBlock Plus + Win10

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased a new laptop with Win10 on it and, while I don't think I love the OS yet, I'm making it my own slowly but surely, with Classic Shell, the Quick Launch (why did they delete that?  Glad I can add it back), and a few more things.

But one problem I have yet to figure out is why I cannot get AdBlock Plus to work with Google Chrome.  I looked around internetland a few days ago and didn't find anything meaningful.

It took some work, but I did get AdBlock Plus to work on IE on that one.   But even though it says, in the 'Extensions' (in settings) that it is there, on Chrome, it's just not.

Any advice?  TIA  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Google Chrome + AdBlock Plus + Win10

I use FF on a Mac so I don't have your issue regarding AdBlock Plus. 

If I were you, I would first check to see if your issue is mentioned on Chrome's message boards.  If not, post your concerns there.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Quick launch isn't really necessary, since any icon can be added to the task bar.

Honored Contributor

Well, I like Quick Launch, so I prefer doing it that way since I can.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi chickenbutt,

I gave up on getting it to work with Chrome. When I tried it with my Chromebook, it was slowing everything down.

I think that it was just too incompatible with some things. 

That has been my experience. 

I switched to UBlock, and I think that it works better, and takes up less space. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't and won't take the free upgrade to 10, but am using Adblock Plus with Chrome in 8.1 without a problem. Did you check the settings in both Adblock and in Chrome extensions to make sure it's enabled? It might be installed, but not enabled... Just a thought...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I never found any info, but I DID figure it out.  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Stevie - I have also used it since Win7 in both Chrome and IE.   I think the install was corrupt or something, but I have it working now in both IE and Chrome.  *whew* 

I HATE flash banner ads and stuff like that!

Honored Contributor

Toppers wrote:

Hi chickenbutt,

I gave up on getting it to work with Chrome. When I tried it with my Chromebook, it was slowing everything down.

I think that it was just too incompatible with some things. 

That has been my experience. 

I switched to UBlock, and I think that it works better, and takes up less space. 

Interesting!  Thanks for that info.  I will take that into consideration.  

I have learned that one has to be careful with Chrome because if you don't watch them you will find that they are watching you!  Smiley Wink  

Seems like about everything now has built in spyware that if you don't pay attention and go through ALL settings they are all over you.  Smiley Sad