Trusted Contributor

Good free Anti-virus protection...

I know this was probably asked before.. but i got a new tablet, and i'm looking for a free anti-virus to download.. yrs ago  i had Norton, and after i think it was 6 months they raised the price to like 80.00 a yr. I hear there are good free anti-viruses  but wanted to ask all of you. I did google it, but still dont know which one to get.. Thank you so much 

Honored Contributor

Re: Good free Anti-virus protection...

You didn't mention what kind of tablet, so I'm going to guess it's an Android. Google Play has one from AVG. They make AVG Avast antivirus for PCs with Windows operating systems and I liked that one a lot, though I can't personally vouch for the tablet version. They're a reputable company though.

Honored Contributor

Check out download dot com. There you will be able to see what is popular and free. There are reviews to read to help you decide if that makes a difference.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

You didn't mention what kind of tablet, so I'm going to guess it's an Android. Google Play has one from AVG. They make AVG Avast antivirus for PCs with Windows operating systems and I liked that one a lot, though I can't personally vouch for the tablet version. They're a reputable company though.

It's an Amazon Fire HD

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc-loyal customer wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It's an Amazon Fire HD

I use free A/V apps on my tablets. Please go to Amazon and find an app for your tablet.

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It's an Amazon Fire HD

I use free A/V apps on my tablets. Please go to Amazon and find an app for your tablet.

thank you i'll have to check it out tomorrow when i have more time. i also heard avast is good too.. i just dont want to pay alot of $$ for protection, like i said norton was cheap the 1st yr.. than by my 2nd or 3rd yr, i was paying about 80.00 for a yr..

Honored Contributor

My experience with free anti virus is just this - you get what you pay for and I had many minor issues that I was able to go back to an earlier time and get rid of but I got a virus that shut my PC down and could not get it back and' ended up paying  a lot to get rid of it.  I don't even use social media, open up emails I don't know where they came from  or download things either.  I'll happily pay for Norton now.  I've had no issues in years since going with Norton and their CS is excellent - I had trouble downloading to new PC and they walked me through it and even ran extra checks on the laptop and other PC we have.

Trusted Contributor

i'm going to call the store where i got it from to see if its really necessary to get an anti virus package for a tablet. my aunt has had her tablet for yrs. and doesnt have one........

Honored Contributor

i'm going to call the store where i got it from to see if its really necessary to get an anti virus package for a tablet. my aunt has had her tablet for yrs. and doesnt have one........

@bonnie f, I have 3 Kindle Fire tablets and I never thought to get anti virus protection. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have never had a problem.

Respected Contributor

I believe i have AVG.  just search  in google play