Esteemed Contributor

Re: GREATCALL JITTERBUG NEW SMARTPHONE?

@lovestodance- Why do you feel to switch? 

Honored Contributor

I love the Jitterbug Smartphone. In my area the carrier provides a larger service network. I only use certain features  when need like on a long trip . I can change the amount of minutes, data  as needed and not have a big bill each month. I needed a larger screen. A friend really tried to force me to purchase a smaller smartphone from consumer cellular. She has issues with the service network and dropped calls and has gone over her plan limits each month.   I noticed that she has trouble reading her emails and texting. The Jitterbug has big numbers and very easy to make a call. I will be making a week long trip and increased my minutes etc and had a bigger bill this month but will resume the regular bill of $24 . Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

In my experience, many very bright, capable "seasoned adults" grossly underestimate their potential to learn new things. 

The Apple Store offers very good training for its smart phones and iPads.

There are also some sales assistants at our local store who have gray hair and wrinkles- very heartening when I stop by to tune up my skills with my equipment.

Don't sell yourself short with electronic devices. They can be wonderful servants. 

Be patient with yourself, seek out a paper book, or online book that gives you step by step instruction in doing what you want and need to be able to do.

YOU have the dollars to make your purchase, and you don't have to pay your hard earned cash for anything until you find the equipment that is right for you!

Respected Contributor

OP, what all do you want to be able to do on your phone?  You might not even a smart phone.  Depends on what you want to do.

Honored Contributor

My DH has that "man thing" of wanting the biggest and the best and was thrilled to get the largest iPad! But he is rather resistant to accepting instructions from me! I am the little wife (still) who doesn't know how to do the tech stuff! I have heard him tell other proudly "ask K, she knows how to do this stuff.!" (Nice!)

DBIL with the neuropathy and keyboards also has cognitive disability resulting from health issues. The "other brother" uses his phone in the "Siri" mode, so maybe he can help.

DBIL also is not understanding his tv remote and computer set-ups well... so....

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

The companies selling these products just get them in their "hot little hands" and can't wait to get a sale!

If the buying public slows them down a bit, perhaps they would begin to "invent" ways to make the products more useful to "our group."

In fact, these days, with two kids, DD often does not have time to fiddle with her technology.

The iPad will operate just like a computer and so will an iPhone. The technology is constantly improved to be more user-friendly.

I picture a future "Apple" store with a partition down the middle... one side being a "grab and go" and the other side having comfy chairs where we sit, talk and get our questions answered!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Do  you have to add  time and minutes like the Tracphone? I have had a traphone for years but you ccan't just add time and minute yo have to add both all of the time so if you don't use your phone a lot you end up with  too much time and then run out of minutes. I don't want another phone that does the same thing. I just want a basic phone. I have a computer so I don't need anything fancy.