Honored Contributor

I don't understand the question.   You can do everything with the Kindle Fire; you sign onto wifi and then you can do everything you do on a laptop.  

Regular Contributor

Hi Missy 1: if it’s any help, I purchased the latest fire for my grandkids (ages 6 & 8) for Christmas. It was the second fire; the previous versions were still working, but these were much larger and so cheap I “upgraded” them. They r super for doing anything you would want. Easy set up; it will walk you through the WiFi connection and you r good. They watch YouTube, movies, within a half hour had downloaded free games. I don’t think you will regret buying a fire. And, as they r pretty inexpensive, if you don’t like it after awhile, pass it on and get something else. It can also b used as a reader, if you like to do that. You DO NOT have to download a separate app to get on the internet. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't understand the question.   You can do everything with the Kindle Fire; you sign onto wifi and then you can do everything you do on a laptop.  

I trying to find the least expensive tablet that works just to be on the net/watch you tube . I don't care about the books/movies etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fire tablet ?

[ Edited ]

My family and I have owned many fire tablets and currently I have a fire 10" which I like very much.  I surf the net, do email, facebook,ebay, no problems.  These tablets are easy to use and very good value for the money.  I have always had the version with ads and the only time you see them is when you first turn it on ( no big deal!).

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I noticed they are cheap and get good reviews. I am not sure if I read correctly. One can't just get on wifi and search the net/view you tube. (not the one that costs)

I have one I bought from HSN and rarely use it.  I'm not sure why I bought it to be honest.  It came with ads which is one reason it was cheaper.  I hated them and paid $15 to get rid of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just because they have been "cheap" with specials does not mean they are a cheap tablet!

I love my tablets.  Like holding your whole computer in one hand while sitting in your easy chair!

You can use the features that you choose to use and ignore the rest!  That works!

Valued Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I noticed they are cheap and get good reviews. I am not sure if I read correctly. One can't just get on wifi and search the net/view you tube. (not the one that costs)

I have one I bought from HSN and rarely use it.  I'm not sure why I bought it to be honest.  It came with ads which is one reason it was cheaper.  I hated them and paid $15 to get rid of them. 

---

I bought Amazon Fire tablets for each of my kids; they are happy with them and the tablets are easy for young children to set up and use.  I also paid $15 to get rid of the bothersome ads.

Respected Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

---

I bought Amazon Fire tablets for each of my kids; they are happy with them and the tablets are easy for young children to set up and use.  I also paid $15 to get rid of the bothersome ads.

Not only were they bothersome, I had a heck of a time getting rid of them.  I'd be swiping every direction and they were still filling the screen.  When I bought my Kindle Paperwhite, I made sure it was the ad free version. 

Respected Contributor

The ads posters are talking about, is a single ad that fills the screen when you first pick it up after inactivity. One swipe removes it. I don't mind it, but others do.

the speed is fine.  My older model is slowing up, but any old tablet will do that.  When newer it was fine. My model is at least five years old.

i watch YouTube and Netflix no problem.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Back in the day I had the fire 7 and 8 inch devices. You need the prime to get the full benefits of using these tablets. I did not like them because of the endless ads. I have wifi though comcast and never had a issue with the Internet .. I did everything with those tablets that I did with my other tablets.

I have a Fire 10, and prime.  It gives you 2 day shipping, and some great movies,etc. You can buy a tablet and not pay for Prime. 

The ads on an Kindle or Fire helps lower the price. I do not find ads to be a problem.

I did not say you could not buy a tablet without prime. I never had prime never wanted it. I did say that you get full benefits if you have a prime account. The ads were a pain in the .... I do not see how the ads lower the price? what does the ads have to do it?  I was offered by amazon to pay 15 dollars to remove the ads, I did not do that . I just got rid of the fire tablets brought a Samsung and never looked back.  Woman LOL