Valued Contributor

I tried to watch a program on Comcast that my DVR didn't record today.  Comcast said I needed the latest version of Flash to watch it.  I went into programs and don't have flash installed unless it's under another name.  I remember reading that Windows 10 and Flash had a problem.  Has anyone put Flash in Windows 10 64bit lately.  Don't want to have a problem with my new computer if there is a problem.  On Demand isn't updated on it, last show on it to be viewed is last Tuesday. 

Esteemed Contributor

Flash updates when Windows does a  security update. You do not have any control over this in Windows 8.1 or 10.

You can use Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html  to tell which security updates are installed, and what could can be missing.

Valued Contributor

nutmeg3, wouldn't flash show in my Control Panel.  My mind set is still in Vista where I checked for programs.  I did see the security I installed and Firefox installed in the Control Panel.

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I tried to watch a program on Comcast that my DVR didn't record today.  Comcast said I needed the latest version of Flash to watch it.  I went into programs and don't have flash installed unless it's under another name.  I remember reading that Windows 10 and Flash had a problem.  Has anyone put Flash in Windows 10 64bit lately.  Don't want to have a problem with my new computer if there is a problem.  On Demand isn't updated on it, last show on it to be viewed is last Tuesday. 

Go to Adobe Flash download site and get the version for your computer. 

Flash

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@kismet wrote:

Flash

Microsoft does not give customers using Windows 8.1 or 10 the ability to update flash player.

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@kismet wrote:

Flash

Microsoft does not give customers using Windows 8.1 or 10 the ability to update flash player.

Microsoft does give customers using Windows 8.1 & 10 the ability to update Flash. Windows only includes Flash for Edge and IE. @kismet mentioned Firefox, so maybe that's the browser she's using. Firefox has its own add-on for Flash. Firefox users can go to www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck to see if Flash or any other browser add-ons need updating.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@kismet wrote:

Flash

I was able to go to the site I posted, I selected a link for the "download player site", I selected the option download for a different computer and there was an option for Windows 8 or 10 for Firefox.  You may nor have the option for Internet Explorer but, you can for other browsers.

I always advise people have more than one browser installed on their computers.    

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet wrote:

nutmeg3, wouldn't flash show in my Control Panel.  My mind set is still in Vista where I checked for programs.  I did see the security I installed and Firefox installed in the Control Panel.

AFP does not  show up in the Control Panel of Window 10.  People may uninstall it by mistake. The software, I suggested will tell you it is installed and the version number.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3156587/security/adobe-patches-critical-flaws-in-flash-player-reader-...

Window 8.1, you can see AFP in the Control Panel.

Valued Contributor

I checked my updates yesterday and it says there was a Flash update.   Seems like there is always updating on Windows 10.

So far Windows 10 has been good.  It's very fast. I don't have Word in it yet.  I think I'll probably just sign up for it by the year.  With all the other things I have to pay for like cable and newpaper it's very little.

Valued Contributor

I installed Belarc Advisor and it does say that there is one important update I need, Microsoft security update (KB2538243).

Did a search and a lot of people say they can't download it.  Looks like it's from 2008.  Wondering why it wasn't put in when the computer was made which looks like Oct. 2016.  Went on the page Belarc sent me to but didn't find it.