Honored Contributor

Re: FIX FOR MICROSOFT FORCED WINDOWS 10 INSTALL

[ Edited ]

@Gokat wrote:

Sorry, @Spurt,  It's Ultimate OUTSIDER!!  Woman LOL

While I have you... Once you install the program, you'll be blocking all the Win 10 update files from installing.  In addition, I suggest that you run a "cleaner".  I use CC Cleaner (freebie) here.  Also, the Register Cleaner within the program.  MS leaves behind some unneeded files so this will clean them out. HTH's

@Gokat  Your a life saver ......HeartHeartHeartWoman Very Happy

I downloaded the GWX CONTROL PANEL and did the CC Clean and cleaned Registry too......

I'm wondering if MS big push was because the "free" Win 10 download expires on July 29th I believe...So I wonder after that date since it's no longer free if MS will stop all the forced downlaod nonsense since they want to get paid and get their money before you can download it , right????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt @Gokat   I messed up .....and put the wrong name that's what all these  notices about forced Windows will do to you......You both have a good evening....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Spurt !Woman Happy  I'm hoping the same thing re: July so let's keep our fingers crossed!Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

SPURT wrote:

@chickenbutt @Gokat   I messed up .....and put the wrong name that's what all these  notices about forced Windows will do to you......You both have a good evening....Woman Very Happy

Smiley Happy  I was just worried that you could end up with something insidious, instead of what you were seeking.

I actually almost got some bad thing when I was searching a software and chose the wrong result from my search.   YIkes!  It was totally NOT what I wanted and I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Super Contributor

YIKES... I am shocked by how many people are so quick to download a potentially unsafe, third-party software that modifies and blocks behavior on your computer. I find that more concerning then Microsoft trying to push an optional update. 

PS, change isn't always bad. I like Windows 10 so far. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Smiley Happy  I was just worried that you could end up with something insidious, instead of what you were seeking.

I actually almost got some bad thing when I was searching a software and chose the wrong result from my search.   YIkes!  It was totally NOT what I wanted and I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

@chickenbutt  Thanks for looking out for me....I need it....I know enough about computers to be considered "dangerous" and am no way a technology expert---LOL  And that's why I wanted to confirm the site since I'm very cautious about those things... having encourntered phising sites and hacked sites on an old PC....so I know the feeling and can relate totally with your eperience CHICKENBUTT

Respected Contributor

Glad you're liking Windows 10 thus far, @Akane .Woman Happy

The subject software was well-researched and tested before it was shared here. 

Your post shows that you have no idea what you're posting about. Have a nice evening.Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bikkie wrote:

YIKES... I am shocked by how many people are so quick to download a potentially unsafe, third-party software that modifies and blocks behavior on your computer. I find that more concerning then Microsoft trying to push an optional update. 

@Bikkie wrote:

@Akane  I checked it out before I downloaded and so many of the tech experts and geeks were recommending the software too.. and if you change your mind and decide to install Wins 10 easy to get rid of....I also did a malware and adware scan after I installed it too...

I heard so many bad things about Windows 10 frying programs and endless problems that family and friends have been having....and how they had to reinstall their old system, then there's privacy and spying concerns with Win 10 too.....and then there's the Edge Browser that doesn't work with some of the applications I and my co-workers use.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spurt - Make sure you check out the console and change settings to preclude any Win10 stuff.    You'll see several places on there to make sure it says 'no'.

Also, set it on 'Monitor' and make sure that your Windows Update settings are not set to automatically install any updates.

Have it to let you know when there are updates but YOU install what you want and you can 'hide' what updates you don't want by right-clicking on the update line and choose 'hide update'.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Spurt - Make sure you check out the console and change settings to preclude any Win10 stuff.    You'll see several places on there to make sure it says 'no'.

Also, set it on 'Monitor' and make sure that your Windows Update settings are not set to automatically install any updates.

Have it to let you know when there are updates but YOU install what you want and you can 'hide' what updates you don't want by right-clicking on the update line and choose 'hide update'.  

@chickenbutt  Hi CHICKENBUTT---there was a youtube video on the GWX Control Panel and I viewed it to make sure I didn't miss anything on the panel and made sure I have it set so Windows Updates are not automatically installed.

I saw an interesting article in the huffingtonpost.com newspaper site and he said one way he got out of the install was when the terms and conditions came up he chose to DECLINE and then it said it would ATTEMPT to revert back to his old system.  He was lucky it did, but he said that wouldn't prevent Win 10 from trying again....so he also installed the GWX Control Panel.  But boy is MS opening themselves up for lawsuits, what if it couldn't revert your PC back.....would they be responsible for repairs???---seems somewhat costly enterprise for them....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-peterson/warning-your-computer-may_b_10099208.html