Honored Contributor

Re: FIX FOR MICROSOFT FORCED WINDOWS 10 INSTALL

Hey Smoky!   Well, that sux.

Were you using the 'monitoring' feature of CCleaner?  I just Googled your problem and was reading a bunch of stuff.

But one thing I saw is that maybe installing it again but not using the 'monitoring' feature would help.   I don't use the monitoring feature of CCleaner, so when one update a while back brought that on, I disabled it.  I just pull up CC when I want to use the functions.

Maybe that will help or maybe not - just a thought.  It sounds like it's just MS being overly bossy.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I guess that's another reason I'll add to my "Reasons I don't want to install Win 10 to my Win 7 laptop" list, @smoky22Woman LOL   It'll be interesting to see if it will be made compatible with Win10 in the future as it's such a popular tool with users at large. 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt  thanks.   I think I'll do some research on the compatibility of CCleaner and Windows 10.

Honored Contributor

@Gokat

Thank you for the reminder -- running CC cleaner is imperative.

I sent GPX Control $10.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gokat 

I googled GWX CONTROL PANEL and get several options one from different sites---ultimate outsider, major geeks, softpedia......

So which one do I go to for the safe app????????????

Thanks for your help........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It originates from Ultimate Insider, @Spurt ,  so that's the site I used here and recommend.  HTH'sWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

It originates from Ultimate Insider, @Spurt ,  so that's the site I used here and recommend.  HTH'sWoman Happy

@Gokat  All I see is ultimate OUTSIDER instead of ultimate INSIDER please clarify, I appreciate your help

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Sorry, @Spurt,  It's Ultimate OUTSIDER!!  Woman LOL

While I have you... Once you install the program, you'll be blocking all the Win 10 update files from installing.  In addition, I suggest that you run a "cleaner".  I use CC Cleaner (freebie) here.  Also, the Register Cleaner within the program.  MS leaves behind some unneeded files so this will clean them out. HTH's

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SPURT wrote:

@Gokat 

I googled GWX GO PANEL and get several options one from different sites---ultimate outsider, major geeks, softpedia......

So which one do I go to for the safe app????????????

Thanks for your help........

Isn't it 'GWX Control Panel'?   That is what the one I have is called.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chickenbutt

It is Control Panel, but Google came through for @SPURT anyway!Woman Wink  ...and it is OUTSIDER, but I goofed on that one, too!Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL