Contributor

E229791 Do you have this laptop? What do you think?

I'm looking for a good laptop that I can use for work. I have mainly used Apple computers, but can't afford a laptop version. I'm looking at the item number I listed E229791. Does anyone have any experience with it or HP in general? I'm just wanting one to take when I travel to do some work while I'm gone. Thanks!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: E229791 Do you have this laptop? What do you think?

[ Edited ]

Please go to Apple site and look for a certified refurbished laptop or iPad. They can help you.

HP makes quality products,but not at this price point.

This product is $100 less on HP.

Chromebooks made in 2017 will run Google Play Store apps. Office 365 Personal gives customers 1TB storage on a One Drive cloud. You pay for this software each year.

You can not find good quality laptops for $299. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiggery wrote:
I'm looking for a good laptop that I can use for work. I have mainly used Apple computers, but can't afford a laptop version. I'm looking at the item number I listed E229791. Does anyone have any experience with it or HP in general? I'm just wanting one to take when I travel to do some work while I'm gone. Thanks!!

This is HP's version of a Chromebook.  I'm not sure if you could do work on it.  It's internet based and I really don't know if you can install programs, I doubt it, you would need for work.  Go to HP's website and find a basic notebook computer to fit your needs.  Look at the Sunday ads, they are out today, and find a nice computer on sale. 

Contributor

I have an Ipad and it can't do what I need it to do. I basically just need a laptop to make work schedules on (Excel) and to be able to access the internet. I have to keep the laptop under $500, so even with that, getting a refurbished Apple isn't in the price range I need them to be. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tiggery wrote:

I have an Ipad and it can't do what I need it to do. I basically just need a laptop to make work schedules on (Excel) and to be able to access the internet. I have to keep the laptop under $500, so even with that, getting a refurbished Apple isn't in the price range I need them to be. 

I would go to HP online. Look at V0N65AV_1

I customized this computer with a separate video card, better display, and most important dual band wireless card.

• Natural silver
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • AMD Dual-Core A9-9410 APU (2.9 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 1 MB cache) + AMD Radeon™ R7 M440 Graphics (2GB DDR3 dedicated)
  • 8GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8GB)
  • 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
  • 1TB 5400 rpm SATA
  • Office Software Trial
  • Security Software Trial
  • 2-cell 41 WHr Lithium-ion Battery
  • SuperMulti DVD burner
  • Full-size island-style keyboard
  • HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone (Natural Silver)
  • Intel® 802.11ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
Esteemed Contributor

I do not have this particular laptop ..I have two other models from HP. The spec's sound very good. What model name is it?