Trusted Contributor

I am new to Macs so would love to know how I can drag and drop from one "window" to another. I miss posting pictures here. Even knowing how to save a picture from the web and copy/pasting it would be good. I have no clue how to do this, so help would be much appreciated.  TIA!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Re: Drag and Drop on MacBook?

@Adelina wrote:

I am new to Macs so would love to know how I can drag and drop from one "window" to another. I miss posting pictures here. Even knowing how to save a picture from the web and copy/pasting it would be good. I have no clue how to do this, so help would be much appreciated.  TIA!

What are you trying to do?  You can drag and drop through Finder. Have you tried it? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glb613 wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

What are you trying to do?  You can drag and drop through Finder. Have you tried it? 

Thanks, @glb613. What I was hoping to be able to do - like on my PC-  is to download a free smiley/emoticon/emoji website so that I could choose an image to drag and drop into these forums or on my email. I see that Finder will store the gifs, but does this mean that every time I want to insert a gif in the forum posts or email that it has to be stored under Finder first and then dragged and dropped into a post? This would really clutter my laptop.

Respected Contributor

I've never heard of dragging a file from your computer to a post on this forum.  Are you sayng you did that from a PC? 

Trusted Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

I've never heard of dragging a file from your computer to a post on this forum.  Are you sayng you did that from a PC? 

@glb613, Yes, I could do this on a PC. i.e. I would open the Q forums page, and then open either a google pics window or a free emoticon window and I would click on the emotie I wanted and drag it into the Forums window and  drop it into a post I was responding to. Once used, it would not be stored anywhere on my PC. This function is SO easy.

By your question, I am surmising that this is not something I can do on a Mac. :-(

Respected Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@glb613, Yes, I could do this on a PC. i.e. I would open the Q forums page, and then open either a google pics window or a free emoticon window and I would click on the emotie I wanted and drag it into the Forums window and  drop it into a post I was responding to. Once used, it would not be stored anywhere on my PC. This function is SO easy.

By your question, I am surmising that this is not something I can do on a Mac. :-(

I don't post pictures or use emotions when posting here.  I'm not sure if I can do it on my Mac or not.  Do you have 2 versions of your browser open side by side or just 2 tabs?   

Trusted Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

I don't post pictures or use emotions when posting here.  I'm not sure if I can do it on my Mac or not.  Do you have 2 versions of your browser open side by side or just 2 tabs?   

2 versions.