Respected Contributor

Don't be scared of Windows 8, I conquered it in about 14 hours! LOL

I just got a fantastic Toshiba 17" laptop (huge specs) including Win 8. I got a fab price for it.

I tried to tell about the bargain last week and my thread got zapped. I don't think QVC liked me telling about the specs for the price. It is loaded. I put a link in and that is probably what they didn't like.

Anyway, I got it last evening and I was about ready to cry. This morning I wanted to throw it out in the snow. LOL

After working on it all day, and I mean ALL day it is all fixed up. I got the hang of it and it is wonderful. I love it.

When I asked my computer tech about getting windows 8, he said I might as well jump in as we will eventually have to go to it anyway so I might as well get used to it.

It was only a few (really several) hours of muddeling sp? through it.

I had to look up how to do things on my old computer and then try it on the new one. This morning I just made myself use ONLY the new computer. That's the only way I would learn.

It's great now!!!

It has 12 Ram, 1T hard drive and I7 core processor for $749. The price went down from when I bought it and they are going to credit me back. Just go to "their" site and it is the "L" series 17 inch notebook.

It's a beautiful computer!