Respected Contributor

Does anyone have the iPhone 6s?

Tracfone now has an iPhone 6s and I was wondering if anyone owns this and what are the Pros and Cons? My LG L41C Gallery App doesn't work properly as it freezes up and I have done 8 different things suggested and nothing works. I have taken the battery out, theSD card out, reinstalled my Google Photo App,cleared all the cache on the apps and SD card etc. If I do a factory reset I will have to add all my Contacts and accounts and apps back in. I have had the LG L41C since it came out and I was going to upgrade anyways. If I get the iPhone 6s from Tracfone I will have no contracts to add and all my Apple info will transfer from my iPads when I set it up. Is the iPhone 6s still do the newest OS updates?

Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the iPhone 6s?

[ Edited ]

When I am buying a new Smartphone I go to Verizon and read reviews. 

You may want to buy your new phone at a wireless company with a B&M store. 

Honored Contributor

I have an iPhone 5S and love it.  I know you're asking about the 6S.  I have it through AT&T though, and don't have a contract.  I would suggest not getting an iPhone through Tracfone.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I would say you can't go wrong with an iPhone. I have a 6S and I love it.

BUT - things to be aware of: Yes, you should buy it from an Apple store OR a Verizon or ATT store - whichever Tracfone uses in your area. If you should have any issues with the phone, Tracfone will be useless. You'll need one of the "big boys" to help.

I bought my 6S from Apple. I went with ATT when I lived in a big city and it was fine. But where I live now, the only good service is Verizon. If I were you I'd kind of want to "test the waters" - find a neighbor with a 6S or a 7 & see how their reception is.

My niece's 5S works fine at the house. My 6S drops EVERY call. I've had the SIM card replaced. Verizon "doesn't understand" what oh what could be wrong.

Ever since the 6 came out, and up to now with the 7, many people have been complaining about this type of issue, across all providers. It's thought to be a faulty internal antenna or just a defective phone in some way, but Apple has not said a word about it since the 6 up to now.

Just something to be aware of so that IF you have a problem, having bought it from Apple, or whichever provider (Verizon, ATT, etc) Tracfone uses in your area, you're safer in getting a replacement without too much hassle.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I did get my LG L41C reset to factory settings today. I have everything set back up except my Contacts. That will take me a while. I took my SD card out. As soon as I get a SD card adapter I can put it into my computer media slot to check to see if it is defective. I had one but I must have given it to someone that needed it. I have all my Contacts on my iPads so I will just get them from there.

I had my Contacts saved on my SD card but it didn't show them there when I put in the reset phone so I uncounted it and took it out in case it was the problem. All my Gallery Photos are now saving to it and my Google Photos downloaded on my phone so I am happy. 

When I get a chance I will visit my Verizon Store here in my city as we have better Verizon coverage more than the other carriers other than Tracfone.I love not having a monthly bill on my phone as I put minutes and a 1 year card on my Tracfone every year.

i will also watch for the new Tracphones coming out. I want a 5.5 to a 6"  screen and an updated camera and  at least 16gb of storage. The iPhone 6s Tracfone is only 16gb and I think with all their updates on their OS it won't be enough. I called my son and he has the iPhone 6s and has no problems with his. I knew he had an iPhone but wasn't sure which one. If I can find a Verizon plan cheap enough I will go that way. I don't use my phone much other than when the power is out or I am out shopping so my family can reach me. Thanks to all again. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

BUT - things to be aware of: Yes, you should buy it from an Apple store OR a Verizon or ATT store - whichever Tracfone uses in your area. If you should have any issues with the phone, Tracfone will be useless. You'll need one of the "big boys" to help.

I bought my 6S from Apple. I went with ATT when I lived in a big city and it was fine. But where I live now, the only good service is Verizon. If I were you I'd kind of want to "test the waters" - find a neighbor with a 6S or a 7 & see how their reception is.

My niece's 5S works fine at the house. My 6S drops EVERY call. I've had the SIM card replaced. Verizon "doesn't understand" what oh what could be wrong.

Ever since the 6 came out, and up to now with the 7, many people have been complaining about this type of issue, across all providers. It's thought to be a faulty internal antenna or just a defective phone in some way, but Apple has not said a word about it since the 6 up to now.

Just something to be aware of so that IF you have a problem, having bought it from Apple, or whichever provider (Verizon, ATT, etc) Tracfone uses in your area, you're safer in getting a replacement without too much hassle.

we have always got lousy cellphone svc in our house,  but I don't rely on my cellphone as my only phone

I don't think its any thing to do with Vzn it probably the way the house is

as for a new iPhone you might want to look at getting one with 32g as the new OS use a lot of the hard drive and if you like to keep stuff on your phone it could be a problem as the OS get's up dated

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear You are right as we have a home phone and our cell phones. 

We have used our cell phones when the power was out as Time Warner phones are out in a power outage. I always buy a 64 go on my iPads and have never run out of space over the last three years. I hope we see a

32  gb Tracfone over time also. Even my new iPod 6th gen is a 32 gb also. I always liked the Tracfones as I have never been without Service or had dropped calls. Hope I can find one that works for me. Thanks. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

we have always got lousy cellphone svc in our house,  but I don't rely on my cellphone as my only phone

I don't think its any thing to do with Vzn it probably the way the house is

as for a new iPhone you might want to look at getting one with 32g as the new OS use a lot of the hard drive and if you like to keep stuff on your phone it could be a problem as the OS get's up dated

As I have researched more, I too think it's the iPhones themselves, some have defective antennas or something else that's changed from older models. What I have said in other threads about this isn't just based on my thoughts - if you google it, these are the thoughts of MANY, quite a few of whom have gotten replacement phones that work fine. I'm not in a position to do that as my phone was bought over a year ago, hundreds of miles from here.  In my case, part of the issue is my home's geographical location, but that does not explain why an iPhone 5S will function adequately inside the same four walls that my 6S does not function within. 

As for a next phone, when I can afford it (when I've paid off my iPad) I'll most likely buy a Pixel XL and it will no longer be an issue.  I may also buy a throw-away PAYG phone to test out ATT here again; they may have a new tower I'm unaware of.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all