Frequent Contributor

Accidently pressed some button that yellow highlighted the channels for HD & thus deleting some channels I use to get. Guides are confusing & I'm sure there is an easy fix to undo this. Advice would be most welcome!!

Honored Contributor

I have the Hopper 3 now & it does not do that. If I remember right you can click on guide 1, 2 or 3 times & it changes colors. The different colors just shows the other channels you either have or can subscribe to. Let me know if that works or not. If not I will look for the older remote to see what button it is.

Valued Contributor

@Floppo, try this...press the guide button again, and then press it a second time.  I think that will restore all the channels on the guide.  It took me I don't know how long to figure this out.  I think the Dish remote is the worst remote I've ever used.  Let me know if this works.

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

@Floppo, try this...press the guide button again, and then press it a second time.  I think that will restore all the channels on the guide.  It took me I don't know how long to figure this out.  I think the Dish remote is the worst remote I've ever used.  Let me know if this works.

That's what I posted. I thought that was how it made it change colors for the different channels like sub, HD & don't remember the other one. You think that remote is the worst. If you ever move up to the Hopper 3 you will have fun figuring it all out. It's totally different. I'm still trying to figure out how to do things with this remote that I could do with the other remote we had.

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz, yes, I saw your post after I posted my comment.  I wouldn't have said the same thing you did if I had seen it.  The forum is still having functionality problems, and it took me 15 minutes to type three sentences.  I won't be getting a Hopper; I'll be switching to FIOS in the near future.  Too many problems with Dish lately, so I'm ditching it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dish TV SOS

[ Edited ]

@Brooklynny wrote:

@Nightowlz, yes, I saw your post after I posted my comment.  I wouldn't have said the same thing you did if I had seen it.  The forum is still having functionality problems, and it took me 15 minutes to type three sentences.  I won't be getting a Hopper; I'll be switching to FIOS in the near future.  Too many problems with Dish lately, so I'm ditching it.

What's FIOS?

We have had DISH for 18 yrs & not really any problems with it. It's a pain figuring out how the Hopper 3 & remote work. We have had it just over 3 months now.

What browser are you using with the forums? I'm using Chrome & no problems posting. I do have problems with Q if I use IE11. 

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz, FIOS is Verizon's fiber optics communications network which offers bundled phone, internet, and telephone services.  It's available only in nine states.  I've had Dish since 1998, and I'm ready to switch.  I'm using Safari on my iPad, and there are numerous complaints on these forums about continued functionality issues.  QVC is apparently aware, but problems continue for at least the past week to 10 days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had all 3 of Dish Network hoppers, including the latest hopper 3. Too many software issues so went back for hopper sling.

What channels do you have selected for your favorite channels? I will wait and see IF you reply or thank anyone that has tried to help. If not, i am not going to spend my time typing when i see no reply from @Floppo

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I have had all 3 of Dish Network hoppers, including the latest hopper 3. Too many software issues so went back for hopper sling.

What channels do you have selected for your favorite channels? I will wait and see IF you reply or thank anyone that has tried to help. If not, i am not going to spend my time typing when i see no reply from @Floppo

hnj

What kind of software issues did you have with the Hopper 3? The only problem I have is sometimes the sound does not come thru the speakers & I have to press a couple other buttons. This does not always happen but it does happen. This is no fault of DISH. DH has to have the sound going thru the stereo. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

What kind of software issues did you have with the Hopper 3? The only problem I have is sometimes the sound does not come thru the speakers & I have to press a couple other buttons. This does not always happen but it does happen. This is no fault of DISH. DH has to have the sound going thru the stereo. 

@Nightowlz

way too many problems for me to list, sound was not 1 of them, i have dolby 5.1 surround on all our tv sets via powerful receivers. 

i have spoken to advanced dish techs/3rd level techs and also spoke at length with an engineer that works exclusively on hopper 3 software and tech issues. we were able to talk at a level of tech issues/both hardware and software other techs were not familiar with yet.

he suggested i go back to the hopper sling until he is sure problems exclusive to hopper 3 are resolved. he said he would call me when he is assured these many technical issues have been resolved. he said it would probably be months.

hnj

hckynut(john)