Super Contributor

Deleting all Gmail email via Ipad

Suddenly I have accumulated hundreds of Promotional emails in my Gmail, and there doesn't seem to be any way to delete them all at once. I tried settings, and going to gmail.com. I use the app., and there is no trash bin on top left side of page. I had been just using gmail for friends, but somehow tons of companies got hold of it, and there are some ads in promotional portion I don't want to miss. Appreciate any help in deleting all the Promotional ones at once. Thank you, Cheryl.

Honored Contributor

Re: Deleting all Gmail email via Ipad

@Susic

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-delete-all-the-emails-in-my-Gmail-inbox-by-one-action-only

Here re is a link that tells how... hope this works for you I need to do this too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Thank you for the link, I tried it, but I don't seem to have the same template for my gmail account on iPad. I give up, just going to delete each one individually, and then delete daily. I can't believe how farvback it saves junk mail, when it only saves mail in trash for one or two months. I am now deleting December ads ....if you are successful , please post how you did it! Thanks again , Cheryl

Trusted Contributor

On my gmail there's an "unsubscribe" at the top when I open emails. I've had success on my iPad by hitting the "unsubscribe." Hopefully this will cut down on emails you have to delete in the future.

Honored Contributor

@Susic, in Gmail for iPad, you used to be able to go into any category - Primary, Social or Promotions, and and you could "Check" any one you wanted to delete. I might have 20 mails in Promotions and after dealing with ones I DID want, I could check all the others with "Check All" or similar, click ok once, and all mails would go buh-byee at once.

Since Gmail did their last update for iPad, you MUST now do them one at a time. I HATE it!  It's very close to making me find a substitute app for the official app in iTunes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I guess that is it, I don't seem to have any of those options in my gmail. I will just delete as many as I can every day until finished. I don't have the unsubscribe option either, but that still wouldn't get rid of old ones . Thank you all for trying to help !

Respected Contributor

@Susic wrote:

I guess that is it, I don't seem to have any of those options in my gmail. I will just delete as many as I can every day until finished. I don't have the unsubscribe option either, but that still wouldn't get rid of old ones . Thank you all for trying to help !

You unsubscribe from each e-mail not from Gmail.  At the bottom of the e-mail there will be a link to unsubscribe.  Select it, go to to the website and unsubscribe from the e-mail.  Sometimes it takes a day or two for the e-mails to stop. 

Super Contributor

Thanks, I finally deleted them all individually . Think I will unsubscribe to most of them in case it gets out of hand again,  if I forget . It was quite the chore as it went back to November . If they went to my regular in box, instead of Promotional , I would have deleted them as I got them. Just think of all the bargains I missed out on lol!

Honored Contributor

I also noticed that the ability to "delete all" disappeared from my Gmail account, when using my iPad.  I find it irritating beyond belief.

I went into my Gmail account on my computer and did a "delete all".  So stupid to have made things more difficult for users.  I seldom use my Gmail account for that reason.

Super Contributor

I tried to donthat too on gmail.com but couldn't. I like gmail for just friends . I have a Verizon email main account that got switched to an aol hybrid when Frontier took over. I may switch companies when contract runs out, so was looking for replacement . Now not sure I like Gmail anymore.