Valued Contributor

Can anyone tell me where a Dell Update is located on it's site.  I'm looking over the different updates and wonder if there is a history of updates I put in myself but can't find it.  Would like to know where this is before I put any updates in.  I went on Dell and registered on the Dell Assist but couldn't find it.

Also, I feel a book on Windows 10 could help me learn this computer better.  Can anyone suggest one that I can easily understand. 

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DELL UPDATES

[ Edited ]

@kismet wrote:

Can anyone tell me where a Dell Update is located on it's site.  I'm looking over the different updates and wonder if there is a history of updates I put in myself but can't find it.  Would like to know where this is before I put any updates in.  I went on Dell and registered on the Dell Assist but couldn't find it.

Also, I feel a book on Windows 10 could help me learn this computer better.  Can anyone suggest one that I can easily understand. 

Thanks.

The hardware in each computer is different, so the Dell updates are different. There are not any lists. The Dell updates are new driver updates. I never change a driver, if something is running all right.

There is plenty of free information about using Window 10 online . Save you money, and do a Google Search.

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

Thanks.

Dell updates are found at the Dell website under drivers and support.  You will need the serial number or service tag number of your computer so find it first.  Once at the website, enter your service tag/serial number when prompted and it will take you to the proper page.  As posted, I usually don't update drivers unless there is a problem. 

Be advised, this is not the site for Windows updates.  Windows updates is built into the operating system and will update automatically. 

There are books, tutorials and videos online to help you learn Windows 10.  I'd start with YouTube if you are a visual learner.  Otherwise, Google your problem or questions and see what you find. 

Dell Drivers