Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know why I don't have sound on commercials on some of my channels .  I have the basic black remote without the lang. Button .  I've tried the online chat with Comcast but they don't understand or I'm not explaining it right.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

No. I would call them and ask. It's easier to explain over the phone than in a chat window.

Esteemed Contributor

I know you want this fixed but I'd give anything to have no sound on commericals.  I'm constantly muting them if I don't change the channel.

Honored Contributor

@jessa wrote:

Does anyone know why I don't have sound on commercials on some of my channels .  I have the basic black remote without the lang. Button .  I've tried the online chat with Comcast but they don't understand or I'm not explaining it right.

If it's only commercials and not the programs, it's likely an issue on Comcast's end. Comcast sells local air time to advertisers on the cable programs and their local areas plug the commercials into those slots. With no audio, it's likely a component on their end has either failed or come unplugged. The commercials they're plugging in then have no audio. As long as it's just the commercials and your programs are all still in English and have audio, it's not anything you've done.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!