Occasional Contributor

Hoping someone can help.

We're fed up with paying so much for cell phones. DH & I are not-techies, just need a simple flip phone for (medical) emergencies. We use the home land-line for most calls and both have work phones for emergencies. Both our dr.'s suggest a cell phone for travel emergencies as we are getting older (58), I've had heart issues and he's had medical issues as well.

We have US Cell plan (cheapo phones) but their cheapest plan (with taxes on the taxes, etc.) is close to $90. That seems like an awful lot to me. We use them about 200 minutes total, but with a little effort could use it much less. I think the smallest family plan is like 900 minutes!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? We only talk - no text, no internet, etc. nor will we need those in the immediate future, if at all....we just want an emergency sort of phone.

I'm confused with all the plans, etc. Can someone tell me pros & cons of some of the plans/phones out there?

I really appreciate it. I'm home with a snow day so I'm making it my mission & would appreciate all input! Thanks.