Respected Contributor

Is apple discontinuing them?  Its no longer an item on the main menu on apple.com  you now have to search the site for it  and it looks like best buy ( in my city at least)  is no longer stocking them. i was looking  for an ipod touch but all the best buys are sold  out  and they had no plans as of yet to restock.  I managed to score a Nano  in gold. Not what I wanted  but i was needing something  ( tired of my cell phone battery getting drained ) 

I am happy with it tho. sound quality is outstanding.  I have 400 songs on it and only used 1/5 of the storage

Valued Contributor

Apple will continue to make the iPod Touch which is similar to a thin phone but without telephone ability. The small iPods have been discontinued.

Honored Contributor

Ipod touch, shuffle and nano show as in stock and ready to ship on Apples website. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@jewel3 wrote:

Apple will continue to make the iPod Touch which is similar to a thin phone but without telephone ability. The small iPods have been discontinued.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I should probably stock up on them. I have a tendency to wash my iPods in the washer with my shorts. I hit the treadmill, then forget to take the iPod out of the pocket. And it gets washed. Which kills the iPod completely. It's gets expensive after a while.

I am on my fifth iPod now, I think. In 3 years. Maybe I'll buy a couple more. just so I have them on hand. 

Valued Contributor

If you're still interested, Apple has a "refurbished" section on their site.

1-year warranty, free shipping and free returns.

They have a nice selection left: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and a variety of colors.

I got one and the shipping is really fast (2nd Day Air).

Apple did discontinue the iPod Classic. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PamelaSue72   OMGoodness----This cracked me up!  I sure hope you are using a good laundry detergent      lololol

jewel3 wrote:

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I should probably stock up on them. I have a tendency to wash my iPods in the washer with my shorts. I hit the treadmill, then forget to take the iPod out of the pocket. And it gets washed. Which kills the iPod completely. It's gets expensive after a while.

I am on my fifth iPod now, I think. In 3 years. Maybe I'll buy a couple more. just so I have them on hand.