Respected Contributor

Apple OS 9.3.2 update

[ Edited ]

I have been holding off since this update came out due to problems messing up iPads etc. I got brave and did my oldest iPad 4 update. It worked perfect. I decided to do my iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 4. No problem with them either than an error came up on my newest so I just unplugged it from iTunes on my computer and started again. All went fine after that. I have a new iPod Touch 6 and it was fine also. I read that if you do it through iTunes on your computer the signal usually won't drop and there would be less problems. Every time I do it plugged into my computer it has been perfect. Also you should have the iPad etc.fully charged if you prefer to do it wireless. Just wanted to comment on this before they put OS 10 as an update. I always hold off updating at least two months after a new OS comes out.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I have been holding off since this update came out due to problems messing up iPads etc. I got brave and did my oldest iPad 4 update. It worked perfect. I decided to do my iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 4. No problem with them either than an error came up on my newest so I just unplugged it from iunes on my computer and started again. All went fine after that. I have a new iPod Touch 6 and it was fine also. I read that if you do it through iTunes on your computer the signal usually won't drop and there would be less problems. Every time I do it plugged into my computer it has been perfect. Also you should have the iPad etc.fully charged if you prefer to do it wireless. Just wanted to comment on this before they put OS 10 as an update. I always hold off updating at least two months after a new OS comes out.

i haven't done it yet.

I always do it through the laptop

Honored Contributor

I just update over wifi and I've never had any issues. I installed this one when it came out. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I just update over wifi and I've never had any issues. I installed this one when it came out. 

I connect to my computer so I can perform a backup first. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I backup my tablet or iPod Touch using WiFI to Apple cloud before installing an update.

Honored Contributor

Excellent reminder always to perform a backup before installing any new software.   In fact, I hope everyone frequently backs up their device, much better and safer that way.   I like to sync and backup my iPad and iPhone with iTunes on my Mac at least once a month -- doing so also clears out some glitches and frees up some space (for example, it removes all the diagnostic data from the device).    I usually install new updates as soon as they're available for my 3 devices, but that's a personal choice and I fully understand why some people prefer to wait a while.   Thanks for the thread, @MKR14!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

My stuff backs up wirelessly. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple OS 9.3.2 update

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

Excellent reminder always to perform a backup before installing any new software.   In fact, I hope everyone frequently backs up their device, much better and safer that way.   I like to sync and backup my iPad and iPhone with iTunes on my Mac at least once a month -- doing so also clears out some glitches and frees up some space (for example, it removes all the diagnostic data from the device).    I usually install new updates as soon as they're available for my 3 devices, but that's a personal choice and I fully understand why some people prefer to wait a while.   Thanks for the thread, @MKR14!

I have it set so it auto backs up anytime it's plugged in to charge. I never even think about my backups. In fact I can't even remember the last time I needed to restore from a backup. Just like my desktop auto backs up multiple times a day to time machine. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Apple OS 9.3.2 update

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  @glb613 You are right about backing up first on iTunes. I back my Apple devices up every 3-4 weeks and "always" before an update. Most of the people I ask how often they back them up says"they never have"! I value my data and photos on my devices and do a back-up like you do. I also then back up my computer with my Clickfree. I back-up my computer once a month or sooner if it acts up. I wish Apple would get a back-up USB compatible with their lightening plug in. I saw a SanDisc on QVC but the reviews weren't that good or I would have purchased it.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@dooBdoo  @glb613 You are right about backing up first on iTunes. I back my Apple devices up every 3-4 weeks and "always" before an update. Most of the people I ask how often they back them up says"they never have"! I value my data and photos on my devices and do a back-up like you do. I also then back up my computer with my Clickfree. I back-up my computer once a month or sooner if it acts up. I wish Apple would get a back-up USB compatible with their lightening plug in. I saw a SanDisc on QVC but the reviews weren't that good or I would have purchased it.

I use Carbonite for my main computer.