Respected Contributor

Anyone own one of those bigger tablet-phones?

Are they comfortable to talk on for a length of time? Which one do you own? Do you love it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone own one of those bigger tablet-phones?

Are you asking about a tablet that has the capability to be used as a cell phone? I have one - buy service in the summer while we are traveling and use it occasionally. Mostly use it to get our messages from our landline phone. I have an asus tablet and for a few $$ purchased the app that i use to do this.It is a speaker type phone so i just talk to it - don't hold it up to your ear.
Frequent Contributor

I have owned the Samsung Galaxy Note phones. They are great...IF you dont talk on them much lol They are very heavy and cumbersome to hold up to the ear. I always used a headset or bluetooth device for long conversations. They now have the Samsung Galaxy Mega and the HTC ONE MAX that are pretty well the same size as a 7 inch tablet. They are great devices but if you intend to talk on them a lot I suggest investing in a good headset (generally included) or a bluetooth
New Contributor

I have a Note 2. I love it! It is a little cumbersome to hold it up to my ear, so I do have a Bluetooth headset and I use the speakerphone a lot. But I have to say I text and email more than I talk. I love the large size screen for that. The camera Is great. I love the SPen and all the apps available for the phone. What I really want is a Note phone the size of the Mega, 6.3". I'll probably have to wait a few upgrades for that.
Frequent Contributor

Rumor is the Note 4 will be 6.4... set to launch Sept '14 :-)
Honored Contributor

Also a rumor that within the next couple generations of iPhones there will be an i product between the current sized phones and the iPad Mini in size. If that happens, I would be interested.
Frequent Contributor

I have read the same Violann... they THINK this year we will see a new 4 inch AND a 5 inch. I didnt get the 5S for that reason. I'm so excited! They always announce the new devices right before my birthday, so if it holds true I know what I'm getting ;-)
Honored Contributor

I don't know what that is. I own the IPHONE 5 and love it. I can do just about everything on it.

Honored Contributor

I'm crazy about my iPhone 5, but the intent of a larger phone (or smaller Mini) would be to incorporate the best features of both, annabelle. My iPhone is a little small for me to read on but a 5" or slightly larger screen would work perfectly. Gilmore, what monthis your b'day??
Honored Contributor

i have a samsung galaxy note and i am so happy i got it! it is nicknamed a ""phablet"". it does pretty much everything except cook the meals and wash the dishes. LOL i dont find it to be difficult to hold at all. i have a speck case that has a nice grip on it so that makes it easy to hold. love the big screen and it makes it so much easier to type and view websites and email. it is still going strong after almost two years. the next time i need a phone i would not hesitate to get a note again.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein