Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have the Samsung Galaxy S 6?

I need to get a new phone and was looking at the S 6. I have seen the reviws and they say that battery life isn't that great. I only use my phone for texts, Social media and taking pictures of the granddaughter.......I am thinking battery life wouldn't be an issue for me. 

Anyone have one? My other choice would be the S 5......

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Samsung Galaxy S 6?

I have the samsung S6 and there are no problems.  The battery lasts at least all day for me.  The only issue I have is that I only have 2- 3 bars  at my house so it takes forever to send pictures in a text.

Respected Contributor

I got the 6S about 3 weeks ago. It's my 1st smart phone. I use it for texts, calls & camera. I haven't had any problem with the battery life. It is an amazing camera. Maybe the best camera I have ever had.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I need to get a new phone and was looking at the S 6. I have seen the reviws and they say that battery life isn't that great. I only use my phone for texts, Social media and taking pictures of the granddaughter.......I am thinking battery life wouldn't be an issue for me. 

The battery life should not be a problem with the S6. This phone has two power saving modes, regular and ultra.

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s6-1285636/review/4

I like the S6. It has double the storage space onboard the phone. 

I changed from a S4 to a Note 5 two weeks ago and the upgrade in tech is very nice. I had an S4 with 32GB of storage and went to a Note 5 with 32GB. I have 18GB of free space, and this is fine. You do not want to buy a phone with 16GB of total storage. You will not have room for your GC photos.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

The battery life should not be a problem with the S6. This phone has two power saving modes, regular and ultra.

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s6-1285636/review/4

I changed from a S4 to a Note 5 two weeks ago and the upgrade in tech is very nice. I had an S4 with 32GB of storage and went to a Note 5 with 32GB. I have 18GB of free space, and this is fine. You do not want to buy a phone with 16GB of total storage. You will not have room for your GC photos.

I have a Note 3 and would love to upgrade to the Note 5, but since my N3 works perfectly, I can't warrant getting a new phone.

How do you like your Note 5?  Is there anything you don't like about it?

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I have a Note 3 and would love to upgrade to the Note 5, but since my N3 works perfectly, I can't warrant getting a new phone.

How do you like your Note 5?  Is there anything you don't like about it?

The display is brighter than my S4, and you can read in direct sunlight. Glare was a problem with the S4.  THe processor in the Note 5 does not  get as hot. You don't feel the heat when holding the phone even with a case.

I want to LOL. I was watching a TV show on the phone using wi-fi, and I had "Alexa" playing the audio using bluetooth. When you decide to upgrade you will enjoy the tech changes.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Nutmeg3.  Now I really want the Note 5.  I will wait...I will wait...Keep telling myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone!! I went out last evening to Verizon and got the Galaxy S6 edge.

I think what made me go for the Edge was 2 I Phone users were trading their phones in for the Edge. They also had a nice Kate Spade clutch that the phone fits in perfect. I like using a clutch when I go shopping alone....too many purse snatchings in our mall parking lot.....

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new phone. The edge products are a big seller and has some nice features.

Respected Contributor

Please let us know how you like it after you've used it a bit.  Thanks!