Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have an iPad mini?

I don't have an Ipad, but I want to chime in on my opinion of the size.  I own some Kindle Fires.  I have the 7", the 8" and the 8.9". 

I much prefer the 7" and 8" over the almost 9".   I like the 8" over the 7" but only because it is newer. 

I just looked and saw the Mini 4 us an 8".  That is the perfect size.  My 9" is just too big and heavy.  When my friend has her full size Ipad it looks like she is lugging it and it is not handy to take with her at all.

Just wanted to chime in that I think you will love it!

Honored Contributor

I have a mini and I love it.  It's the perfect size to carry.  However, the print is much smaller, so you might need readers if you are of that "age."  That's the only thing I am not crazy about.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have a mini and I love it.  It's the perfect size to carry.  However, the print is much smaller, so you might need readers if you are of that "age."  That's the only thing I am not crazy about.

@Carmie- I wear glasses with progressive lenses, so I'm good with that, but I appreciate you saying that. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my mini but only for when I am out and about.  Hate the screen size when I'm home.  If my expected expenses would cease for a minute, I'd buy the iPad Pro.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I've had a mini for 3 or 4 years, and since I had a standard sized. IPad when I bought the mini, I bought the cheapest mini I could get.

The equipment is OK but I should have gotten at least 64gb storage. The 16 is much too small for me. Lesson learned........

Honored Contributor

funny you posted that since my 2 needs replacing and I keep going back and forth on a mini vs "reg" size

I like to watch TV on it, but I like idea of portability as well

it's a want not a need

QVC will buy up all the 2's and sell them as the next best thing 

Honored Contributor

I went and visited the minis at the Apple Store today. I'm going to get the gold because I wanted the mini to have the white borders.  

I was fine with the size. If this were my only iPad, I'd get the standard size pro. 

Hopefully I'll buy it by the end of the weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Aloha @gidgetgh.  I have both a standard size and mini iPad.  I actually use my mini more often than my standard size.  I have a keyboard for my standard size and use that for work more often than pleasure, but when hunkered down on the couch and watching tv I always use my iPad mini.  I love it, and if I could only have one, I would choose the mini since it's more for personal than business use.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

We just brought a Ipad mini for our college age daughter who wanted a smaller Ipad to bring to her classes. She has the newest pro but, likes the mini better.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered my iPad for store pickup. They're open till 7:00 tonight so I hope they text me to tell me my order is ready so I can get there in time today. 

I ordered the gold mini, WIFI and cellular. And Apple Care of course. 

I ordered a yellow Smart Cover. The cover is not in stock at the store so it's being shipped to me and I should get it on Wednesday.