Respected Contributor

Is there a way to play itunes music on it without having to upload all my music  to the amazon music player? thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Echo dot question

Through bluetooth. 

I am not a member of Amazon nor do I own a cell phone.   I get all of my music through my computer to play on my Dot on iTunes through bluetooth.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

it will not work it keeps trying to play an old amazon library I do not use

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

Is there a way to play itunes music on it without having to upload all my music  to the amazon music player? thanks

You can use the  "Dot" to bluetooth music from another device. You would be better "buying" music unlimited. Amazon's catalog of music is very extensive. There are tracks for everyone taste. 

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz

You have to specifically tell DOT to play "name of song or album" on iTunes.

I have a Mac.  It's basically a 2 step process.  Unknown what steps you need to do on a pc.

You need to check out Amazon's DOT troubleshooting website.  Wealth of info. 

I can't post a link because it's a retail site.  Google search.

The following are basic instructions:

Echo Bluetooth Pairing
First, you need a Bluetooth device that connects to your iTunes or Google Music library. Most current-model laptops, smart phones and tablets have Bluetooth capability, but you may need to turn it on in your device’s settings.

Turn Bluetooth on in the device and put it into pairing mode; this should be an option on your device’s Bluetooth menu. Place the device in range of the Echo (generally within 6-10 feet) and say:

[wake word], pair.

Alexa will detect your device and instruct you to go to it and select Echo from the Bluetooth pairing screen. Once your device is paired, open the app you normally use for iTunes / Google Music playback and start some music.

LINK

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz wrote:

it will not work it keeps trying to play an old amazon library I do not use

Do you have the latest app on your device? You may want to go to the Amazon Music app help page or do a Google search.

You should check your personal Amazon page for your devices. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg

"You would be better "buying" music unlimited. Amazon's catalog of music is very extensive. There are tracks for everyone taste."

Me personally, I have 5000+ songs & albums in my iTunes Library.  I have no need for Amazon's music that I have to pay for. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nuttmeg

"You would be better "buying" music unlimited. Amazon's catalog of music is very extensive. There are tracks for everyone taste."

Me personally, I have 5000+ songs & albums in my iTunes Library.  I have no need for Amazon's music that I have to pay for. 

I have 13K tracks in my iTunes library. Amazon has the best deal in this grab for customers. The company is making money on Echo and Dots, but there is a gold mine in their digital music library.

Respected Contributor

Try asking Alexa to sing you a song. Quite amusing

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

Try asking Alexa to sing you a song. Quite amusing

That was....LOL!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all