Trusted Contributor

Re: Alcatel Tracfone

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady @sueinsf  Hi, ladies!  So, the Alcatel phone is going back.  My mom played with it, as did I, and she feels it's too big.  And I think I agree with her.  I think 5.5 inches is a tad too big.  It reminded me more of a "phablet" (phone/mini tablet).  I think 5 inches would be a nice size for a phone.  I think mine is 4.5??  I have the Ultimate 2 and also the Sunset.  I guess the size thing is just a personal preference.  I definitely liked the larger keyboard on it and I think that would be great for people who have vision issues or larger fingers or just plain like a larger keyboard.  

I tried a YouTube video and the sound was good.  I thought the screen resolution was nice.

moonlady, where did you get your songs from?  Did you purchase them or did you load them onto a micro SD card?

I didn't know that about the QVC Tracfone.  Do you have any other info about it?  I'm encouraging my mom to get an LG Tracfone.  I'd really love to see a Samsung one up close, but I hate the buying and returning thing, as it's costly.

Thank you both for your replies.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor
Stargazer, I simply google for free and legal downloads. They're out there, and I like the old ones, so there are more of those that are free. A lot of classics, too. BTW, have you tried enabling "rotation" at the top of the phone, then holding your phone horizontally? It gives you *a little* more room because it spreads out the keyboard. I know what you mean about the small buttons. They're a bit larger with the horizontal board. About the upcoming Tracfone...someone asked on one of the Facebook pages, and a member of the social team responded that the next Tracfone presentation would be "early September." I don't even know if it's a TSV, but it's worth a look.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Moonlady @sueinsf  Hi, ladies!  So, the Alcatel phone is going back.  My mom played with it, as did I, and she feels it's too big.  And I think I agree with her.  I think 5.5 inches is a tad too big.  It reminded me more of a "phablet" (phone/mini tablet).  I think 5 inches would be a nice size for a phone.  I think mine is 4.5??  I have the Ultimate 2 and also the Treasure.  I guess the size thing is just a personal preference.  I definitely liked the larger keyboard on it and I think that would be great for people who have vision issues or larger fingers or just plain like a larger keyboard.  

I tried a YouTube video and the sound was good.  I thought the screen resolution was nice.

moonlady, where did you get your songs from?  Did you purchase them or did you load them onto a micro SD card?

I didn't know that about the QVC Tracfone.  Do you have any other info about it?  I'm encouraging my mom to get an LG Tracfone.  I'd really love to see a Samsung one up close, but I hate the buying and returning thing, as it's costly.

Thank you both for your replies.

@Stargazer77  I think 4.5 or 5" would probably be better too.  But I am about to get a new iphone 6 for work, so I'll be curious to see how I find that as it's bigger and thinner than I am used to.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alcatel Tracfone

[ Edited ]

i "tried" one from a nearby store.. i use to use just a net10 phone, i thought hmmm i hear good things about tracphones, so i tried it.... i'm back to my net10 phone...  had the tracphone for about 3 weeks, it would just disconnect!! would be talking & the call would be dropped, even though it said i could use it in my area, wasnt happy at all... i have a net 10 and never had any problems with it... i'm sticking th my net 10  oh and i forgot, yes the keyboard is wayyyy  to tiny & couldnt even text!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@sueinsf I just looked it up and the iPhone 6 Plus has a diagonal screen measurement of 5.5 inches.  The iPhone 6 has a diagnoal screen measurement of 4.7 inches.  My sister has the iPhone 6 and it's a nice size.  I think the 6 Plus would be too big, like the Alcatel, but again, personal preference.  I think I would like a 5 inch screen.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@sueinsf I just looked it up and the iPhone 6 Plus has a diagonal screen measurement of 5.5 inches.  The iPhone 6 has a diagnoal screen measurement of 4.7 inches.  My sister has the iPhone 6 and it's a nice size.  I think the 6 Plus would be too big, like the Alcatel, but again, personal preference.  I think I would like a 5 inch screen.

Thanks @Stargazer77.  It's not a 6 Plus.  I'm pretty sure it's a 6.  I don't think I want any bigger but haven't actually used it yet.