Valued Contributor

I have a question about free Avast.  I run the scan and it says I need to have my files optomized.  I go onto the next page and it says I can do it for $1.99 a month.  Question is when I had Norton in I could do it on it.  Is there another free site to do it on?    Everything else scans fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I have a question about free Avast.  I run the scan and it says I need to have my files optomized.  I go onto the next page and it says I can do it for $1.99 a month.  Question is when I had Norton in I could do it on it.  Is there another free site to do it on?    Everything else scans fine. 

Avast is trying to sell customers something. Most programs like this are no better than the free ones listed below.  

I use CCleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download  and

Autologics Disk Defragger   http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/auslogics_disk_defrag.html

Honored Contributor

I have avast, i am always getting these notices, and you have to be carefull they tell you it is time to pay again, and it is not true, i have been fooled.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I do have CCleaner in my computer and ran that and then went back to Avast and ran that and it says I still have to optimize.  The 1.99 charge keeps coming up.

Went on Auslogics and the first review wasn't good on it.  Don't want anything in my computer.  May just have to go back to Norton.  I can't run Avast and Norton can I?  Doubt it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I do have CCleaner in my computer and ran that and then went back to Avast and ran that and it says I still have to optimize.  The 1.99 charge keeps coming up.

Went on Auslogics and the first review wasn't good on it.  Don't want anything in my computer.  May just have to go back to Norton. I can't run Avast and Norton can I?  Doubt it. 

You can not run Avast and Norton at the same time.

I have used Auslogics for a long time with different brands of windows without any problems. I even use this program to defrag my old iPod Classic.