Honored Contributor

APPLE RANT IOS 8.3 update DON'T DO IT! if...

apple no logo.jpgiphoto not supported.jpg

Up dated iPad air 2 (after waiting quite awhile).  What a mistake!  Called Apple (time-consuming) and CA (senior technical assistant) said it is true.  The Iphoto editing is GONE.  I used this as a perfect skin perfector for people photos and a finishing touch for everything I photographed.

"Apple has no editing app (other than the sissy one included -- which has no retouch capabilities) and cannot recommend 3rd party apps for their devices."

Any suggestions for apps that might perform the same function of photo retouching?

They mentioned that their focus right now is the ORGANIZATION of photos/videos (who needs this?  I don't -- I make folders in dropbox).  This is a monetary move on the part of Apple, I suspect.

So, customer satisfaction, the girl let me know, is not paramount right now??? She is "passing on" my complaint.

Looking for any help... thank you!Robot Mad

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: APPLE RANT IOS 8.3 update DON'T DO IT! if...

I think that they are not going to recommend any apps to you but there are tons in the app store

I have read iOS9 will bring some changes

poke around in this blog perhaps is some app info for you http://www.idownloadblog.com/

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/5/7982735/apple-new-iphoto-announced-photos-app-for-mac

i wish we could PM here would be much easier

and I feel your pain, Apple keeps f-ing up iTunes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course it's not compatible with iphoto, since Yosemite and ios8 iphoto has been replaced with photos.  There is editing in photos by the way. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Thanks SO MUCH for the info.... I have loved the Apple iPhones and also have the original iPad. I'm on the verge of updating my iPhone 5 when I read about the Blue Screens people are getting with the 6... now this!

#2 son has the Samsung and can do just about anything on it (he's also an IT/Networking pro) and I'm getting fed up enough to go to another brand..... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I haven't had any issues with my iphone 6 plus. No blue screens. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful replies and input.

Here is a link to Apple support communities.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/10732286

notice that this discussion is not about editing in the new update, it is all about "tagging" photos -- which is just fine if you want a new TOTAL FILING SYSTEM for your photos.

I do not need this; I need a replacement for editing photos.

If I can find the link, there is another discussion which points us toward Photo Light (I really don't care about enhancing the light in certain parts of my photos -- and besides... this is accompanied by an entire barrage of a packaged Adobe filing system... I guess there is $$$$ in creating new filing systems.

My dropbox filing has been affected in "camera uploads" by the replacement system.  (ono!)

I also do not need a program of hundreds of filters.

What I NEED is to be able to retouch using a brush-like stroke which distributes the color to another area. (like Paint only silkier).  The new editing in Apple photos 1) crops 2) rotates/straightens 3)  adjusts light all over 4) adjusts color all over the photo.  It is the same photo editing that one gets when offered editing on eBay for listing.

So photos need to be lacking of background imperfections etc to begin with.

Perfect selfies?  I think not! : )

Respected Contributor

You have iPhoto with Yosemite.  It isn't automatically on the dock.  You should be able to find it in Apps. 

Honored Contributor

Yosemite is not applicable to IOS 8.3. IPad air2 has no brushes for editing inside a photo. Free Photobucket works better. I have tried at least 15 apps so far
Respected Contributor

My post was directed to jaxs mom.  I have yet to figure out how to quote a post when replying. 

Honored Contributor

Ok thanks for always being helpful!