Super Contributor

ANOTHER TRACFONE TSV QUESTION

Hi All,

Just activated my new Samsung yesterday and none of the contacts/pics. etc . transferred over, have already put in my contacts manually so need to know how to transfer my pictures .... ( My other phone is an LG )

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: ANOTHER TRACFONE TSV QUESTION

Where is your backup? 

Super Contributor

On the old phone....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aqua3 wrote:

On the old phone....

That's not a backup.  Did you back up the old phone to your computer or the cloud?  If not, connect your old phone to your computer, usually the charging cord is used, and transfer the photos to your computer using Windows Explorer or whatever it's called in Windows 10.  Once they are transfered, you can transfer them to the new phone using the same method.  FYI, never have only one copy of anything you can't afford to lose. 

Super Contributor

Thank you glb613 ,   

I'll give it a try.  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/how-do-i-get-the-pictures-off-my...

If your tracfone has a micro SD card, you can use a micro SD adapter, insert it into your computer's card reader and transfer them that way.  A lot of sites suggested e-mailing but since this is your old phone and not in service, that won't work.  If your charging cord doesn't have a USB connection, take the phone to an electronics store and see if they have a cord that will fit your phone and the computer. 

I use my iPhone to take most of my photos.  I was surprised how good the pictures are.  I always transfer to my computer either that day or shortly after.  Phones get stolen, lost or break down and if it's the only copy, you're SOL.  Which ever method you use, be sure to do it with your new phone on a regular basis.  I know people who lost the only photo they had of someone or something and were heartbroken.  Good luck. 

Super Contributor

Thank you again,

That's great information.   

I'm on of those Grandma's who's not the most "techy' person.    I  do  realize how inmportant it is to keep some photos and  other info safe ,am still learning as I go along, every new phone has more features than the last one.....

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Google gives everyone with a Gmail address free 15 GB of free cloud storage to backup your apps,gmail etc.

Google Drive

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424384?hl=en

Google Photo Unlimited storage for photos.

https://plus.google.com/+GooglePhotos/about

Super Contributor

Thank you nutmeg3. 

Love your screen name !   Cat Happy