Respected Contributor

3/29/17: How do I get BOLD/DARK letters in the title of my post?

I know how to get them here in the body of my text, but not in the title.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: 3/29/17: How do I get BOLD/DARK letters in the title of my post?

Left hand side of THIS page.......under "quick links".........mark all posts as new

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I never get them either at first but sometimes they change to bold.  I have no idea why.  I think it depends on the font you are using but that's my guess.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister,  We cannot make the text in the subject line bold at all times.   

When we are not signed in, all titles are in bold.    When we are signed in, the bold titles tell us we haven't read something in that particular thread.   

It's a feature that allows us to know at a glance if there's a new (unread by us) comment in a thread.   It also allows us to click a thread title and "jump" directly to the first unread reply.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

Left hand side of THIS page.......under "quick links".........mark all posts as new

@Desertdi,  I would urge posters not to do this.    It will cause all posts in all threads to show up as unread by us.    When we're logged in, it's helpful to be able to see at a glance if we've read an entire thread or to "jump" to the first unread comment if we've read part of a thread.    Marking all as new will remove these abilities until we go back to each thread and re-read them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh WOW @Big Sister, i read a completely different meaning in your question. LoL!

I thought you were saying, when you're posting a new thread, you want to put the title of your thread in bold letters, but don't know how. 

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  You are so correct; that is what I meant.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@x Hedge  You are so correct; that is what I meant.  Thanks.

It bolds automatically when there are unread replies. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @glb613. I was going to suggest @Big Sister 'page' and ask few who's threads always appear bold. Shanus is one who always seems to write 'screaming' headlines.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:
Thanks @glb613. I was going to suggest @Big Sister 'page' and ask few who's threads always appear bold. Shanus is one who always seems to write 'screaming' headlines.

@x Hedge

IMO @dooBdoo explained it very clearly.

NO titles always appear in bold.

I believe you're thinking of some posters who use ALL CAPS in their titles---that's shouting.