Respected Contributor

Finally received my new florentine front pocket satchel!

[ Edited ]

Woo-Hoo! Yesterday, I finally received my new Dooney florentine leather front pocket satchel, which I preordered from dooney weeks ago. I had already gotten the new florentine side zip bag from Dooney in August, and QVC now sells that one. The satchel, in Bordeaux, is a deep rich color, and the leather is beautiful, as is the glove leather lining. Such lovely craftsmanship. Each bag will vary, as Florentines do; the leather on mine has a bit of subtle texture but is not at all pebblelike. Fine quality. I wasn't sure about the stitching in pix, but I like it on this bag, and the stitching is just right and does NOT dominate. This rich, thick, saddlelike leather will soften with time, and I see brown suede inside at the top  (my older Dooney florentine satchel had the green suede along the inner top) to help the top fold over and " smile" over time. Omg, I have not even mentioned the strap! It has leather accents to match the bag but is a cool messenger style -- adjustable and very heavy duty. At first, I showed the bag to my husband without the strap, and we both liked it a lot. Then, I clipped the strap on, and it added so much to the piece. "Oh, yeah, that's good," my husband said. The strap gives the bag its attitude! But the bag can go dressier if you are suited up and want a different look by r moving the strap. Can you tell I am a happy buyer? Hope QVC begins offering this satchel for those who may love it, too. I told my husband we can just consider this very special, artisan-crafted bag my Christmas present.

p.s. Like a lot of you, I am dealing with family medical issues. My father and stepmother are both in latter stages of dementia. Is a new Dooney bag important? No. But it is a bit of happy escape, and I will enjoy it for a long time. Whatever you are facing, find your own little fun escape! You need it. You deserve it. And, no, I don't work for dooney, haha!

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally received my new florentine front pocket satchel!

Enjoy both new bags!

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon

thank you. Bags seem so silly, don't they? But I am grabbing for any healthy bit if mental diversion I can find these days.

Valued Contributor

I'm so happy for you, I know what you mean about a new Dooney just lifts your spirits.  When I'm feeling down, a new Dooney does the trick.  When other people are down, they turn to drugs, or booze, or worse, so a new Dooney is for us is perfect. Have so much fun with your new bags, I'm happy for you😀

Respected Contributor

@QuinnPenny

Thank you for the lovely message. We all need some (admittedly frivolous) diversion. 😊

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE Glad you love your new bag. I have one Dooney zip satchel and I love it. I've eyed the Florentine leather bags they are so gorgeous. I'm sure I'll get one when the time is right. I've been spending a lot on shoes, so at some point I'll need to concentrate on bags.

I understand what you are going through. I am caregiver to my Mom who has dementia while running a business with my husband. If it wasn't for the Q I wouldn't have so many lovely things because who has time to go shopping.

Enjoy your new Dooney!!

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

@libbyannE Glad you love your new bag. I have one Dooney zip satchel and I love it. I've eyed the Florentine leather bags they are so gorgeous. I'm sure I'll get one when the time is right. I've been spending a lot on shoes, so at some point I'll need to concentrate on bags.

I understand what you are going through. I am caregiver to my Mom who has dementia while running a business with my husband. If it wasn't for the Q I wouldn't have so many lovely things because who has time to go shopping.

Enjoy you new Dooney!!

@Debzzz

I understand and am sending you a big hug. You need it. 

Valued Contributor

Hi @libbyannE.  Your post was very sweet and eloquently written.  I am so sorry of the heartache and pain you've been experiencing with the illnesses in your family.  You truly have a kind, generous, and loving heart.  (I know, in small part, from the helpful and nice replies you've left on some of my posts in the past.)  

I am glad you found a little lift in the beautiful recent Dooney you received.  

I wish you and your family all the best.  Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Respected Contributor

@Julie_23

Hello! Your message made my day. I can't thank you enough. Dad didn't know me today....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so sorry to hear of your especially tough day, @libbyannE.  Know that so many people are thinking of you and think the world of you.  Much love to you (and your family).