Honored Contributor

Dooney show with Jane

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else noticed or thought how askew the handbags are on the show this evening? Wow, I wonder where these bags have been? They look tacky in my opinion, all wrinkly, and also they need to offer a brand new one time only. Very unfresh stock.

Super Contributor
Yes! I've thought the exact thing. They don't stand straight and just collapse. I'm very surprised at the look of them.
Regular Contributor

IMO, this was one of the worst D&B shows I've ever watched. It was so out of Jane's character to be throwing the bags. JMO, though. 

New Contributor

I absolutely agree. It was the worst Dooney presentation ever!!! I'm not a fan of Jane's neurotic, babbling style to begin with but throwing the handbags and laughing about it was just over the top even for her. One of her typical off topic, endless personal stories concerned some reference to an Alice in Wonderland restaurant in New York. What that had to do with Dooneys I have no idea; but I think Jane would be a perfect guest at the Mad Hatter's tea party ... And yes, those beautiful handbags looked terrible. I'll bet if Sue Clifton and Peter Dooney were watching this show they had to be cringing. I know I was.

Respected Contributor
Actually, I thought Jane did an excellent job of presenting the handbags last night. She gave measurements, reviewed colors, showed the inside of the bags and discussed the strap options/lengths. No, she wasn't perfect.... I think the logo lock lavender and lilac were mixed up, but that info probably came from her producer. I would agree that throwing the bags is in bad taste. She is not the first host to do this, but it really devalues the product.
Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney show with Jane

[ Edited ]

i agree it was the worst Dooney show I ever saw on QVc. The throwing of the bags was the worst part but the bags were not even placed on the table nicely. They were not even across the table. I never saw that happen when Sue Clifton is there. Jane was a bit unhappy that Sue wasn't there and mentioned it several times. I don't think the bags got the respect an expensive bag deserves. That show was not well done.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree that the Dooney show was not up to parr!  First of all, I do not like to see the bags thrown as they are sold later "As Is" and some poor person may get a damaged bag.  Secondly, Jane mixed up the Lilac and Lavendar colors.  She corrected it at the very end, but people who ordered from the original presenation will be surprised when their Lilac turns out to be Lavendar and vice versa.  I wonder why Ashley couldn't be there?  At least, she would have corrected the color mishap!

Esteemed Contributor

Jane seems to think her "tantrums" are cutsey. NOT! She's annoying. Some of the other hosts would have handled Sue Clifton's absence with grace and professionalism (which is their job!). Jane had no business throwing anything merchandise around the set. She is making the customer PAY for her childish behavior by damaging product and, thus, raising prices. Her producer should have kept her in line. That was unacceptable behavior and the Dooney show was a disaster.

Money screams; wealth whispers.