Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUALITY? What quality???

I like Gary but D&C needs some fresh ideas.  Same old low rounded neckline - doesn't even look good on the models - and so many tops have to be pulled over the head - cheaper to manufacture instead of installing buttons and button holes.  I rarely ever watch any of the clothing lines at the Q.  Quality on the 'famous million' pants has even degraded over the years. Two pairs of the same pant - same color - same size - - -  doesn't guarantee same fit.

Honored Contributor

@Sassyboo3

About 12 years ago, Denim & Co had soft real cotton jeans (pull on) SOFT

Soft cotton woven knits and a top I loved... a pink mandarin collar shirt that buttoned up the front, gathered, narrow button cuff long sleeves.

It wasn't all pg-looking through the middle, but it wasn't tight.

I am sick to death of the supposedly easy-care synthetics... they pill right up.

When I needed to replace these items, the jeans AND twirls were stiff as a board in that popular style. Oh well

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I like Gary but D&C needs some fresh ideas.  Same old low rounded neckline - doesn't even look good on the models - and so many tops have to be pulled over the head - cheaper to manufacture instead of installing buttons and button holes.  I rarely ever watch any of the clothing lines at the Q.  Quality on the 'famous million' pants has even degraded over the years. Two pairs of the same pant - same color - same size - - -  doesn't guarantee same fit.

@fthunt  I find the D&C fit,  especially on the pants w.  pockets to be extremely consistent.   I have dozens,  all the same size and all fit the same.   I have pants over 20 years old and I see no difference in quality.   Sorry,  but I don't want tee shirts with buttons.   A round or V neck is fine with me.   When I buy shirts,  the fit is so consistent,  I don't even try them on until the first wearing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I totally agree!  I used to be able to buy D&C and know it would fit!  Not anymore!  Sizes are all over the place!  Not only D&C, but also many of the so-called 'designers'!

No more clothing from QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the pull on boot cut pants....I found that washing them on the permanent press cycle and taking them out of the dryer as soon as it dings yields no wrinkles.

I do not like some of the pull on tops ......too much spandex and they feel like rubber.

Honored Contributor

@petunia  Maybe it's you that has changed?   My D&C pants have stayed the same.   Do you find that all the sizing in clothing in department stores runs the same?   Of course not,  it varies hugely with brand and so does QVC.   I still buy D&C and know it will fit. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

I cringe every time Gary and Carolyn tout the quality. I purchased their "millions sold" pull on pant. It stays stretched out after bending at the knees.....the indigo color has a WHITE stripe of non-color all along the inseam. The black twill is a LINT MAGNET that does not ever come clean even after washing.   3/4 slv. T shirt syle top rolls constantly at the round neckline seam, since it was only stitched once. I was a sportswear buyer for years, and this line would NEVER be bought for my stores due to LACK OF QUALITY. Prices on T shirts are the same as Isaac Ms!!! 

Not a lover of D&C or QF, Elastic around the waist.
Super Contributor

D&co. IMO is a line for ladies that love Carolyn and her style and that's fine .... but just so you know unless you can't access other sites there are other retailers that offer free shipping and more current styles at much lower price points.The cost of this brand has increased alot in the past year and will continue to do so .This is a Qvc brand so the push will continue with no fabrics that justify the cost. Same old same old just more colors presented as new .