Honored Contributor

Hey @Kachina624

There's a new vest in the denim & co line.  Since we both have an appreciation for the brand and since I value your opinion, whaddaya think?  It's $46 so the only thing slowing me down is the price.  Comes in other colors.

A270167 -

Denim & Co. Quilted Button Front Vest with Pockets

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I like that it's simple.  I have one and it has a lot of fur and big ugly buttons.  this one appears to be a little longer too.  Ya, the price would make me hesitate.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18

Hey GCR - love the pumpkin avatar :-)

It's pricey for sure, but I can't find anything like it.  I don't want something that screams - take me outside.  I don't need fur, sherpa, shiny fabric, something crinkly (lol), the list goes on.

Yesterday it was on 3 easy pays so I am kicking myself in the butt today.  I should have tried it then. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@GCR18

Hey GCR - love the pumpkin avatar :-)

It's pricey for sure, but I can't find anything like it.  I don't want something that screams - take me outside.  I don't need fur, sherpa, shiny fabric, something crinkly (lol), the list goes on.

Yesterday it was on 3 easy pays so I am kicking myself in the butt today.  I should have tried it then. 

That answers your question then.  You have to get it since you can't find anything like it.  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hey @Kachina624

There's a new vest in the denim & co line.  Since we both have an appreciation for the brand and since I value your opinion, whaddaya think?  It's $46 so the only thing slowing me down is the price.  Comes in other colors.

A270167 -

Denim & Co. Quilted Button Front Vest with Pockets@Bird mama.  Hey Bernie, I like the vest.  Quilted but doesn't look bulky.  As long as that Gray isn't some kind of phony fleece.  I thought always cheapens a garment.  I like the brown color best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

You echoed what I like about it. 

The brown keeps talking to me (lol).  I tend to pair brown and gray together, alot.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama. Brown is my go-to neutral for winter.  I don't care for black, and brown looks so well with all my turquoise and coral.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

@GCR18

I couldn't stop thinking about that darned vest so I ordered it Monday night (lol).  I ordered the brown/gray.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama.  Be sure you give us a comprehensive review when it arrives.  Hope you're pleased with it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Hi Kachina, I received the vest this afternoon.  I like the color.  To me, and it could be my monitor, the picture on Q's website makes the taupe color seem warm. If taupe can be warm or cool, the vest color IRL would be a cool taupe, not quite dusty. 

I didn't spot this on the picture - there is some gray trim on the pocket entry.  You would have to go to item a270167 and zoom in - look around the inside bend of the elbow on the model and you might catch the gray trim.

The fabric is not the weight of french terry or true sweatshirt material.  It reminds me of a heavier weight of perfect jersey, minus the rubber feeling.  There is no spandex in the vest - just cotton and polyester, which does allow for some give.  It is one layer and quilt design is part of the fabric.  The bottom underside edge of the vest is finished (taped).  I think, for the price, the seams on the rest of the underside of the vest could have also been taped, then again I was spoiled by Motto (lol).

Size - because this is a semi fit garment and because I go by garment measurements, and because the chest area of Denim & Co garments always seem to be too big to me no matter how hard I try, I went by hip measurements on this one.  I am angular with broad shoulders (IMHO).  Since I didn't have sleeves to worry about, I wanted something that wasn't going to tent out at the hips.  In JCP clothes (my standard go to), I usually wear a medium tall - in this I ordered a small.

I am pleased with the fit.  I tried it on over a cotton/poly medium weight long sleeved tee and had no problems buttoning all of the buttons with a bit of room to spare.

Hmm, what else can I say about it?  Well, I went into it knowing I am tall so I doubt I will walk around with my hands in the pockets as that will look a bit stupid.  The pockets would need to be a couple of inches lower to pull that off.  That said, the vest doesn't look stupid short on me or awkward.

I like the warmth I was getting from the vest when I had it on.  It layers well without making me look huge.