Occasional Contributor

I'M SORRY BUT.............................

My favorite has always been Denim & Co but IMAO the prices is just too high anymore.   I still love some of the items I see but I just can't afford them anymore.  When I first started purchasing D & C the prices were very reasonable but now just to pricey.   I work retail and in a department store and when they put things on sale they are really on sale.  I have purchased things that had $89 original price tags and when they went on sale I purchased for $8 or $10 bucks, now to me that is a sale price.  Just working to pay off my credit card and I'm done.  Kind of sad because I really loved D & C.  I realize it is a sign of the times and prices do go up, but I think they went up toooooooooooo high.

Super Contributor

Re: I'M SORRY BUT.............................

Right on sister!

Respected Contributor

I do have to agree. I used to not think twice about ordering anything D&C that I liked, but now I have to think long & hard before I order. Not only are the prices really high, but we have discussed it before, if you buy it & it doesn't work for you $10 try on fee.

Esteemed Contributor

It used to be you would keep the D&C even if you didn't love it because it was so affordable.  The stuff is just not that nice to even try on anymore.

Occasional Contributor

There are alot of items I would love to order but most of the items I really like are the better part of 100 bucks, I also think long and hard and end up talking my self out of the item.  Then you still have to pay the shipping, I know they lowered the price of the shipping but still you have to add 3 or 5 dollars on the price of the item.  I''m watching tonight but I usually don't watch QVC much anymore.

Occasional Contributor

Mayve it's me but it seems since Gary came on with the hosts that's when I noticed the prices really increased, I guess they have to cover his salary.  I do not dislike Gary but I do not think he brings anything to the shows. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Watching tonight, I was amazed at the shirt with all the wide horizontal stripes.  I don't care to do that! Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Totally agre. Used to buy a lot of D & C--when it was priced in the $20 range for tops And bottoms. Now it is $40.  These are wear-around-the-house clothing items--t shirts, shorts, capris and I'm definitely not paying $40 plus tax and shipping for this. Haven't bought any S, Graver for the same reason. And shoes----forgetabout it.  The same size I always wear, don't fit and it $12 just to try them on.

Add that to the TSV on every hour over and over, and I am not even tuning in as much as I used to. Maybe new customers will make up for us who have stopped buying.

Honored Contributor

What happened? Designs went south. Example! Print leaf dress?!? WT% Someone needs to be called out for that fiasco. No big deal! Spend on other lines. Can't imagine who would pay 5.00 let alone 40.00 for most of D&C styles. Will say, Purchased lovely bathing suit and cover up on clearance, Both flattering items.🙋
Respected Contributor

ITA

There's a price point for every brand and this brand is pushing the limits of justing walking away for waiting for the item to go into a clearance mode (and yes, I know that's not much of a drop anyway).

I believe someone at the Q should rethink the pricing, stop the gouging and go back to an affordable price point.  You ask "what's that price point", it the price point where tops were in the $20 range and pants in the high $20 range.

Carolyn always say's we're listening to you, this will be the proof if this gets passed to the powers to be.    This brand is pure profit for the Q, you are not paying a middle man.  Either Gary didn't get the memo or someone in pricing says, hey this brand is popular we can really increase our profits.