Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@wildcat fan ~ I'm jealous!  I would love to just get in my car and drive to Tennessee and spend a few days in the Smokies ~ especially during the holidays!  I hope to someday own a small cabin as a second place to escape to there.  To answer the original reason for your thread (lol) no, I have never seen Denim & Co sold anywhere other than QVC.  :-)

It is always a fun, relaxing trip for us @Julie928.  We share your dream of someday owning a cabin there.  Last spring I found what I thought was the perfect place, but by the time I got in touch with a realtor, it already had a contract on it.  We will keep looking and dreaming.  😊

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan. I was in Knoxville for a day two years ago.  I couldn't believe how much it changed.  I lived in west Knoxville.  My BFF and I went back roads to Gatlinburg and go to Pigeon Forge to the outlet malls.  I don't know that I'd remember the back roads.  I really need to get there.  My BFF passed away two years ago from cancer and now her husband has it.  🙍

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@wildcat fan. I was in Knoxville for a day two years ago.  I couldn't believe how much it changed.  I lived in west Knoxville.  My BFF and I went back roads to Gatlinburg and go to Pigeon Forge to the outlet malls.  I don't know that I'd remember the back roads.  I really need to get there.  My BFF passed away two years ago from cancer and now her husband has it.  🙍

I am so sorry about your loss @GCR18.  ❤️ As I walked the streets of downtown Gatlinburg, I thought about the trips I had taken there as a teenager with friends and teachers, some who are no longer with us.  That was a popular area for field trips when I was in school.  So many wonderful memories!  It was a ltitle sad for me until I decided it's time to make some new memories.  My sister sometimes goes there for an overnight stay just to get some "me" time and shop at the outlet malls.  I think I'm going to join her next time.  Every time we go it seems there are new places to shop or eat, but I love to just sit outside and enjoy the views.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Love Dollywood.  I worked/lived in knoxville in 1996.  The summer picnic was held at Dollywood and I won the raffle for 2 free passes for a year.  I'm sure it's changed a lot, but I got to know it pretty well.  I was just starting to watch QVC around that time.  I don't remember them selling clothes other than Dolly t-shirts.  I haven't seen d&c anywhere other than the q.  Well other than zulily and eBay too.

@GCR18 We used to go to Knoxville quite a bit as I was growing up.  My grandparents would take us there to eat and we'd go to the mall.  The area has really grown over the past few years and so has Dollywood.  Dolly opened a new hotel/spa and a new roller coaster ride this year.  Luckily, neither were affected by the fire.

@wildcat fan  I too spent my early years in that area.   We lived in Oak Ridge and often went to Knoxville to shop (no mall then) and eat at the Piccadilly  Cafeteria.   Pigeon Forge was just a pottery and a weaving shop. 

Does anyone know of an old grist mill,  very picturesque,  that is in the area?   Just wonder if it's still there. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment