Honored Contributor

Re: DENIM & CO IS GETTING REALLY FRUMPY

@Kachina624 I think many shoppers here really don't  know what size they wear. Instead of consistantly buying a size they are constantly still trying to figure it out and so they buy different sizes all the time. I know what size I wear and I know I can buy that size at any store and 98% of the time it is a fit. I know that D& co bottoms no longer fit me since they changed their sizing a few years ago to accommadate the skinny trend so I don't even look at them anymore. However  about 80 % of the pants/capris I own are D&co from years ago before they changed their sizing.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Kachina624 I think many shoppers here really don't  know what size they wear. Instead of consistantly buying a size they are constantly still trying to figure it out and so they buy different sizes all the time. I know what size I wear and I know I can buy that size at any store and 98% of the time it is a fit. I know that D& co bottoms no longer fit me since they changed their sizing a few years ago to accommadate the skinny trend so I don't even look at them anymore. However  about 80 % of the pants/capris I own are D&co from years ago before they changed their sizing.

They don't know what sizes they wear, they don't like current styles and sizing.  They firmy stuck in 2001.  When they say D&CO changed what they are really saying is that they haven't changed with the times and they want what they bought 15 years ago and they want it exactly as it was 15 years ago.  They talk about inconsistent sizing but they won't use size charts, they won't accept that their bodies have changed and they won't accept that the styles that are current will not fit the way clothing fit 15 years ago.  We are dressing slimmer today.  Tops are a longer today because skinny pants, skinny jeans and leggings are the classics of our day.  Sure, we'll add a pair or two of flares or bootcuts to our wardrobe for fall because that's what's new now but Skinnies and leggings rule.  Skinny bottoms.....fuller tops to balance the outfit.  Who the heck doesn't know that by this stage of our lives.  On the one hand the constant blah blah blah about sizing inconsistency and lack of quality makes me laugh out loud.  But on the other hand, it scares me.  More and more as I get older.  Is that going to happen to me?  I'm 56 now.  In 15 or 20 years will rant and rave because I can't find the EXACT same clothing, in the exact same fabrics and with the exact same size on the tag that I wore....20 years ago?   It's a scary thought. 

Honored Contributor

@151949  You keep saying D&C changed their sizing but I have pants going back over 20 years and they fit the same as the ones I buy now.  I've got a couple pair that I get out and wear a time or two every summer.  I order down a size in How Comfy pants but always order the exact same size in all other pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

In my opinion D&C has changed. I used to find so many things that I liked, when I watched one of the D&C hours, but now not so much.I don't know whether to blame Gary or not, but I think they have gone astray.So much of it is unattractive, and it's such  a shame.

I agree.  It has changed, and I don't like the direction it has taken.  Also, enough with the French terry!  I do not wear French terry or any kind of terry cloth. 

Honored Contributor

It's kind of insulting to assume that because one doesn't care for the latest D&C fashions, that we are stuck in time. Check out some fashion magazines, you won't see a lot of QVC type clothes. I love fashion and I was trying to be nice in my post, but the truth is much of the D & C line is ugly. JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Occasional Contributor

I wear a medium in Denim & Co. tops, however, I purchased 2 lace front tops in size medium just recently.  I had to send them both back.  Thay were not true to size.  They were big, boxy, long and unflattering.  They fit like a large.  Then,  I had to be insulted by paying return postage to get my money back.

Respected Contributor

Well I do not know whether I agree or disagree, I have several of D&C items in my closet. I have not been buying from that line too much any more, but - I think that is more me than them. What I have bought recently though is fine. It is a basic clothing line - that is probably the best way to describe it. I do think though for that line, the simpler the better! I have never been too crazy about their lace or their lock stitching down the front of shirts - both pretty cheap looking. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree

i always use the size chart but sometimes two of the same item (different colors) fit differently. It makes me think twice about buying. This had happened with D&C and with a Susan graver premier knit tunic, which is the onky graver I gave ever bought. The top in black fit fibe. The same top in bavy was shorter with tighter and shorter sleeves.

Esteemed Contributor

I love their Timeless pull on bootcut pants...but they are always sold out in most of the colors. I don't understand why they wouldn't keep these stocked up in more colors since they are Top rated.

I have 2 tops that I bought last year with too much Spandex......they feel rubbery...

Valued Contributor

I wear their timeless bootcut pants also.
They're my all time favorite.
They're never up in stock. I lost weight and gave my white pants to my daughter. Early summer and the white never came back in stock. I went the whole summer without white pants.

I guess I'll order them as soon as they come in stock in the early spring if I want white.

That's how we roll in the shire..