Respected Contributor

Re: DENIM & CO IS GETTING REALLY FRUMPY

Getting??? In what universe have pull on pants ever been the "height of fashion"?

They may be comfortable, they may be affordable, they may feel "safe" to many buyers, but D & C has never really been "fashionable"...

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I despise the term "frumpy"  My personal opinion, there is no "frumpy" fashion, only consumers who don't know how to style their wardrobe.

Oh yes there are frumpy fashions! Absolutely! Picture a tall, beautiful model that puts on a horrible frumpy top. There's no "style" she can do to that top that won't make the public not scream frumpy!! As far as I remember D&C has always been frumpy. 

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor

Their prices have gone off the charts. Always loved D&C style  and colors used but now they are trying to have Cadillac clients with people (Including me) that can only afford a ford! I can go to the local Malls to our quality stores and they are having major sales,well stocked and glad to have your business,   The last Fashion Clearance was a way for them to see that their prices are NOW out of whack. Wake up QVC!!!

Super Contributor

mothertrucker,

You realllly made me laugh, thank you! Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

Contributor

It sounds like Denim & Co just isn't your style. I can't figure out why someone would start a thread under "My Favorite Brand" and post why she doesn't like it.

I challenge you to go to the department stores and find these styles and look at the workmanship. I never find a loose button or threads hanging from seams on any D&C item I buy (and I have a closetful). The workmanship is head-and-shoulders above what you get in a nice department store.

As for style, I would not call D&C frumpy. Personally I love D&C. And I have noticed the price has gone up. But so has the price of everything (but it would be plitical talk to go into why). I have never found a brick and mortar store to have as nice of clothes especially in such a variety and made so well. 

Most important to me is that they fit me, a mature woman. I find the sizing consistent. The actual measurements are linked on the online description too. I wear an XL and I'm petite. It's very difficult to find nice clothes locally. I buy D&C almost exclusively.

I'm sorry you don't like it. Clearly it's not your "favorite brand."

Honored Contributor

@borntoshop525, I wouldn't really say "frumpy", but it is no longer "classic styling", IMO!!!   I have been a big fan of Denim & Co., over the years, until Gary took over, and he has ruined it, with the continuous long sleeves (if something is long on a model who is almost 6 ft. tall, what will it look like on a 5'4" 1X person  ........  AWFUL!!!  The sizing has gotten awful, I use to never worry about 1X sizing, but not any more, and I basically have quit buying it!  I am totally disappointed in the way things have turned out for this brand, very sad!Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Different strokes for different folks.What is "Frumpy" for some here is high fashion for others.Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Kachina624 I think many shoppers here really don't  know what size they wear. Instead of consistantly buying a size they are constantly still trying to figure it out and so they buy different sizes all the time. I know what size I wear and I know I can buy that size at any store and 98% of the time it is a fit. I know that D& co bottoms no longer fit me since they changed their sizing a few years ago to accommadate the skinny trend so I don't even look at them anymore. However  about 80 % of the pants/capris I own are D&co from years ago before they changed their sizing.

They don't know what sizes they wear, they don't like current styles and sizing.  They firmy stuck in 2001.  When they say D&CO changed what they are really saying is that they haven't changed with the times and they want what they bought 15 years ago and they want it exactly as it was 15 years ago.  They talk about inconsistent sizing but they won't use size charts, they won't accept that their bodies have changed and they won't accept that the styles that are current will not fit the way clothing fit 15 years ago.  We are dressing slimmer today.  Tops are a longer today because skinny pants, skinny jeans and leggings are the classics of our day.  Sure, we'll add a pair or two of flares or bootcuts to our wardrobe for fall because that's what's new now but Skinnies and leggings rule.  Skinny bottoms.....fuller tops to balance the outfit.  Who the heck doesn't know that by this stage of our lives.  On the one hand the constant blah blah blah about sizing inconsistency and lack of quality makes me laugh out loud.  But on the other hand, it scares me.  More and more as I get older.  Is that going to happen to me?  I'm 56 now.  In 15 or 20 years will rant and rave because I can't find the EXACT same clothing, in the exact same fabrics and with the exact same size on the tag that I wore....20 years ago?   It's a scary thought. 

I can buy the same graver top or denim and company piece in a couple of colors, and each fits differently. I don't know why that fact upsets you. It is imply true. It happened this past summer. Same item number, different color, different fit, different sleeve length, different overall length of garment. Inconsistent. Not my fault. Just the fact! It has nothing to do with all the stuff you dragged into it re: what people bought years ago, which I don't understand. I cannot imagine what you are upset about.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Different strokes for different folks.What is "Frumpy" for some here is high fashion for others.Woman Happy 

And what is "high fashion" for some is street corner working girl apparel to others.

Guess some folks just get their jollies trashing shopping channel fashions and the women who wear them.  I would think these fashionista's calendars would be so full of fashion shopping and fashionable events they wouldn't have time to post on a forum like this let alone sit and watch the programming of clothing they think is so frumpy.

Esteemed Contributor

Frumpy? I don't think so I ordered both fleece jacket's yesterday for gifts for my nieces. and I ordered a few of the sweaters [Special value]  yesterday. I always  get compliments on my denim and companyWoman Happy clothing and the people I order these clothing items are very pleased when they get them.