Trusted Contributor

Why So Many 'Cannot load items'....??

I'm running into it on Q's 'Recently on air', a 2 hour 'Gift' show, a 2hour Denim & Co., etc.

On all 3 channels. Please refer to IT Dept.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why So Many 'Cannot load items'....??

I don't have any problem. Suggestions might be to try a different internet browser and clear your cache, cookies, history. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @CalminHeart, I did all except change browsers.

I'm not in the mood to play 'browser hocky' with Q's antiquated computer system.

If they want to make it a PITA to shop here, I'll just shop elsewhere.

No biggie!

Trusted Contributor

No problem here but I don't think you are missing anything.   I have seen the same items over and over, both days so far, with a few exceptions.

Respected Contributor

It is very frustrating and I agree very quirky.I often have such slow processing on Free Ship Days and have to go over and over trying to load something. It takes 15 minutes to place an order sometimes which normally takes 5 minutes or less. Sometimes going back later helps. " Items on Air" which is a help to go back if one really wants the item. I try not to be in a hurry as makes it all worse. Seems part of these Free Ship Days, especially now when high volumn sales.

Respected Contributor

I ordered 2 items this morning and had no problems seeing items, ordering or checking out. I use a MacBook Air and place orders online using Chrome. Seems like some have problems using the app. I can't  sign in with Safari so I switched to Chrome.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonMom   I am on a MacBook and QVC's system doesn't play  well with Safari so as @50Mickey  mentioned try using another browser.  In my case Firefox interacts decently with Q's setup.

Hope this helps you.  Worth a try.  Bought several things yesterday without problems.  Watching today, but no purchases by me yet so not aware of any glitches today.  I already own and have gifted Vitamix--which is being presented now.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

I'm having same problem.  IMO - It seems to be tied to the programs that aired during the official time change

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

I'm running into it on Q's 'Recently on air,' a 2-hour 'Gift' show, a 2-hour Denim & Co., etc.

On all three channels. Please refer to IT Dept.

Thank you!

Hi Kingston Mom,

It could be any number of things. I cannot see their system health reporting, so I can only guess. Do you think this helps, or should I just shut up? I'm not making excuses for QVC, but you might want to understand why this may be happening.  Anywho

• Their website is at capacity (getting a lot of traffic)
  • The site is receiving too many image requests at once
  • Your wifi might be slow
  • Their web host could have had server issues.
  • They don't use a CDN (distributed network for high availability)
  • The site isn't optimized for your browser of choice

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonMom - Two options to try if you haven't already: 1) If you're using the website, change the time zone to Eastern; dumb, but it usually works, or 2) Use the QVC app; for whatever reason, it never has any problems showing items recently on air. Good luck!