Trusted Contributor

USPS delivered empty-tampered -with package

[ Edited ]

Ordered 4 sets of the TSV Halo flashlight sets for gifts.  3 arrived late Tuesday evening. The 4th arrived today-torn open and empty.  My son had to sign for something else  he was expecting and the postal carrier also handed him the package, so I know it did not happen on my porch.

Mail Innovations nightmare again.  QVC customer service nicely was able to send out another but it will arrrive after Chrstmas so I will have to give it late to my family.  Outright theft somewhere along the line.

Also want to rant about the deal between UPS and USPS, called Mail Innovations.  Everyhthing I have received this way has taken at least 5 extra days to receive.  It is a horrible method of shipping.  I do not remember this last year.

Thanks for letting me rant..

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS delivered empty-tampered -with package

I too have had bad luck with mail innovations, the first was over two weeks late, and I reported it, it finally showed up from who knows where. The second was also late. And there was no tracking beyond the hand off, so I couldn't keep track of it. Bad system. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

What's up with mail innovations?  Nothing but lost, late, missing, untrackable packages.  Happened to me from Macy's.  No biggie, I just went to the mall to buy another gift since Macy's says they will send replacement for my lost item 2nd day air.  But I assume still no guarantee on that.

Mail innovations is not so innovated !!!!

Honored Contributor

UPS delivers to my local USPS before dawn and it goes out for delivery that day.  I had one issue recently where the bag was torn and set aside at USPS, but the contents were fine.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that 'surepost' business needs to GO too.  Amazon.com used this on a package I ordered a couple of weeks ago.  I received an email indicating it had been delivered on a specific date.  I waited 2-3 days before emailing amazon to say hey, no my package was not delivered on that date and 3 days later, I still do not have it.  I finally got tired of waiting and asked for a credit on the item.  They agreed to process the credit. 

As I emailed them back 5-6 days later, lo & behold the package finally arrived.  Yes, I was honest and kindly emailed amazon to let them know this and that they had my permission to charge my card again for it.  They emailed me back and said they appreciated my honesty.  Credit had been processed as well the charge. 

What is it that (at least) UPS has these deals with carriers to switch over to other services to finish what UPS leaves behind?  I don't get it.  I don't like it.  Too many problems happen, goods don't show up, show up late, show up apparently ripped off and yet delivered empty. 

None of this makes for good business practices.

Super Contributor

None se is as bad as the Lasership method in my area. Something will go out for delivery at dawn one day, and will not show up at my home until two days later.

Respected Contributor

I have not encountered mail innovations yet, but sadly have made the acquaintance of Surepost.  Back in November I had ordered some Cheryl's cookies for a friend and once the package shipped it got from Ohio to Philadelphia in 2 days and then just sat someplace until Surepost decided to deliver a week later; however they were unable to do so because there was nobody in my business.(I live in a highrise with 600 apartments and not in a business.)  They tried again the next night after 10 p.m. and were successful.

I had called QVC at the time and they graceousely  send me another order.  Again, it arrived within 2 days of shipment in Philadelphia on December 7, and as of today, December 23, there has been no movement.

I do not know why a company would ship a food item with Surepost, whatever that is.  I do not live out of the way, but in the middle of Philadelphia where there are many high rise office buildings as well as apartment buildings. 

FedEx, UPS, as well as USPS deliver several times a day each especially at this time.  I have received everything else from QVC within 2 or 3 days of ordering lately as well a number of packages from Europe.