Trusted Contributor

Tracking of QVC Returns

[ Edited ]

I am having problems with tracking my last return to QVC. I was informed by the Q Social Team to contact QVCEasyReturns@qvc dot com. I printed out the UPS label as requested and filled out the form that I printed out using the proper prompts in the Return process when I first inititated the return, and shipped via UPS. 

So far, my tracking on my order status has stalled and I have no information as of November 1st. I just sent three emails requesting the information this morning. 

This is very frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how to solve this particular problem but this is what I now do (recent changes) with returns....

I print out a label since we are no longer getting return labels (there might be a few packages here & there with the return labels in them but the Q is phasing them out). 

When I pack up my package to be returned I take a photo with the tracking number so I have it along with a note to myself what it is that I'm returning. 

I also send an email to QVC easy returns letting them know with the item & order numbers what I am returning.  

I usually hear back from them within a few days (it has taken sometimes up to a week or so if they are busy) and I can see that they have refunded me for the item. 

However to fully process the refund they have to receive it the items.

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1   Are you tracking from UPS tracking website?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Granted, I don't do many returns but I have never tracked a return. I don't understand why you would need to track it. 

I just did a return last week and my UPS has a counter you do your own returns. I scanned the label threw the box in a clear bag and dropped it in a drop box. I haven't thought about it until this morning I got an email that my return was in transit. 

Respected Contributor

@TexasMom1 The stores/shipping companies have made such a mess of shipping & tracking purchases it is ridiculous!

The reason you can't track anything is because no matter how you are shipping or receiving it the package doesn't stay in one system any more.

You order something & it gets picked up by one company that then transfers it to a different company for delivery. 

UPS may pick it up but USPS delivers it.

I suppose these measures save the stores money & even a little bit adds up as much as we all shop online, but it frustrates me to no end.

Quit sending me messages that "A package is on it's way" day after day. 

And the package is in a town an hour away from me. 

Day after day. 

And then they deliver it to the neighbors house! 

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

Granted, I don't do many returns but I have never tracked a return. I don't understand why you would need to track it. 

I just did a return last week and my UPS has a counter you do your own returns. I scanned the label threw the box in a clear bag and dropped it in a drop box. I haven't thought about it until this morning I got an email that my return was in transit. 

@MG Chris Why wouldn't you?  If I return something, I track it so I'll know it got there. I do a screen shot of the label, size it to fit half a label sheet, print, and then I have a nicely sized label for the package plus a download of the label for reference. 

And I've only used half the label sheet, so saved the other half for something else.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have been checking the UPS site and they just say it is  "on the way". At least on the Q site, it tracks my package to November 1st, then no more tracking status. That is why I contacted the Q in the first place to ask if they have any more current status. I am aware of so many shipping delays and was surprised to see nothing more on my tracking status after November 1st. I am worried UPS has lost my package at this point.
What a mess! 

Frequent Contributor

The package could be in a trailer on a railroad flat car.

Respected Contributor

I've always had the tracking number before I send the return package, either by taking a picture of it or writing the number down. That way, I could track it on my own at the shipper's website.

I haven't had a return for about 2 years. But what I used to notice in the tracking was that the pickup by the Q carrier from the dropoff place (usually my post office) could take several days. The post office would show the package was received by them as soon as I dropped it off.

Esteemed Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Yes, I have been checking the UPS site and they just say it is  "on the way". At least on the Q site, it tracks my package to November 1st, then no more tracking status. That is why I contacted the Q in the first place to ask if they have any more current status. I am aware of so many shipping delays and was surprised to see nothing more on my tracking status after November 1st. I am worried UPS has lost my package at this point.
What a mess! 

@TexasMom1 - QVC uses a contractor for tracking communications and many of us have found that its updates shared through the QVC website or app lag behind the updates available from the couriers. I'd definitely recommend just following your package using the UPS website for the most accurate information (no service reps from QVC will have any additional details). Also keep in mind that returns service is the lowest priority of all shipping classes, so there is no urgency at all to move return packages through any of the shipping channels; sometimes, a package may sit for a day or two with no movement or scans at all. Good luck with your return!