Honored Contributor

I still have text messages remaining on my plan.

My plan has not expired

I got an error code 97

Can anyone help?   Otherwise I'm on the phone for who knows how long with Tracfone.

I will also try the chat feature but will have to wait an hour.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tracfone stopped texting

I just googled it. One of the causes might be your memory is full. It said to check the settings & memory storage. 

Respected Contributor

@software@Tribesters  If it is a memory problem with your phone, then I should tell you that my Samsumg Tracfone is constantly telling me with messages that my memory/storage is full.  However, I went into the phone and found that while I have 8GB of memory, I was only using 4GB.  So, I should not be getting the warnings, but I am.

So I am not sure what is going on with my phone.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister@Tribesters

I fixed it.    I feel dumb.    My first thought was I was out of "time" to include texts, etc.

So I opened the APP, logged in and I still had texts.

But when I went on the website, I was out.

So I bought more.....duh.

Even after I bought more "time" and I was texting again, the APP still said I was out of texts.    Took a while to update.

I also considered the memory and will keep that in mind going forward.

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Could it be the warning setting is set assuming 4GB?

Your phone recognizes you have more but the warning setting may need to be re-set.

@Big Sister wrote:

@software@Tribesters  If it is a memory problem with your phone, then I should tell you that my Samsumg Tracfone is constantly telling me with messages that my memory/storage is full.  However, I went into the phone and found that while I have 8GB of memory, I was only using 4GB.  So, I should not be getting the warnings, but I am.

Esteemed Contributor

@software, thank you for posting your update. I'm always glad to learn more about Tracfone issues and resolutions.

I update my balance once a week. It's a good habit, and gives me th prod to refill before my balance gets too low. 

There are helpful FAQs on the bottom of the TracFone website under "Support".

I see they also have added the FAQs under Support in the app menu.

Honored Contributor

Good advice.

I thought I was checking it regularly but the APP is not always accurate.

And since I don't use the phone much, I figured I was in good shape.

@x Hedge wrote:

@software, thank you for posting your update. I'm always glad to learn more about Tracfone issues and resolutions.

I update my balance once a week. It's a good habit, and gives me th prod to refill before my balance gets too low. 

There are helpful FAQs on the bottom of the TracFone website under "Support".

I see they also have added the FAQs under Support in the app menu.

Esteemed Contributor

@software, when you downloaded the TracFone app you should've also gotten the balance widget. It will be with your other widgets, and won't show up on your screen unless you choose to put it there.

When you want to update your balance you'll need to have either Wi-Fi or data internet connection, then just tap "update" and wait a minute or two. It seens to update faster when you're someplace where the phone signal is strong.

image_07-1.png 

Maybe the mods can move this to Electronics. There are probably other TracFone users who have had qyestions about getting their balance updated.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to play around with it when I can access WiFi.

Thanks

@x Hedge wrote:

@software, when you downloaded the TracFone app you should've also gotten the balance widget. It will be with your other widgets, and won't show up on your screen unless you choose to put it there.

When you want to update your balance you'll need to have either Wi-Fi or data internet connection, then just tap "update" and wait a minute or two. It seens to update faster when you're someplace where the phone signal is strong.

image_07-1.png 

Maybe the mods can move this to Electronics. There are probably other TracFone users who have had qyestions about getting their balance updated.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

Could it be the warning setting is set assuming 4GB?

Your phone recognizes you have more but the warning setting may need to be re-set.

@Big Sister wrote:

@Big Sister@software, for example my newest phone has 8GB memory, but 3.17GB are being used by the phone to operate itself. So available memory will always be less than total capacity listed. My older phone uses less, so more is available for me to use.

When I need space I dump seldom used apps, old downloads, old saved pages and unnecessary bookmarks, cookies and caches, un-needed texts.

If I played games I'd look at dumping those.