Honored Contributor

Just wondering if QVC has a *visible*, i.e. fairly easily seen by forum users, disclaimer that they are not to be held responsible for the possible consequences of whatever "advice" a poster might give - electronic, medical, legal or whatever - or, if they do not have such a disclaimer.

I know that posters have stated before that no one should ever take seriously advice from a shopping channel forum, but there are people who, unfortunately, DO.

Does QVC have a posted disclaimer to protect themselves from liability?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

@Moonchilde wrote:

Just wondering if QVC has a *visible*, i.e. fairly easily seen by forum users, disclaimer that they are not to be held responsible for the possible consequences of whatever "advice" a poster might give - electronic, medical, legal or whatever - or, if they do not have such a disclaimer.

I know that posters have stated before that no one should ever take seriously advice from a shopping channel forum, but there are people who, unfortunately, DO.

Does QVC have a posted disclaimer to protect themselves from liability?

@Moonchilde   Here is some information that I "snipped" from our standards.....  

The QVC members who participate in our Community features are solely responsible for their conduct there and for the content of their postings. QVC does not and cannot review everything that occurs and is not responsible for the content of the postings. We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us. We further reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or remove the privileges of users who violate these guidelines and to report such individuals to the appropriate authorities.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Melvin-QVC. It would seem that the first part answers my question. Let's (seriously) hope it never needs to be tested.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Moderators

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

Stirring the pot