Regular Contributor

QVC: Please don't say item is available WHEN IT'S NOT....

My sweet husband ordered me the Keurig coffe maker on August 19th.  The new one i had stopped working after just 3 months.  So anyway, it had the color white left in stock.  So here we are today August 24th. All of a sudden get a BACKORDER NOTICE.  I am very upset that QVC AND KERUIG, would process my order saying it was available and than find out OOPS SORRY LADY WE HAVE NONE!!!

The lady i spoke with early this morning would not let me get a word in...she basically repeated herself over and over saying Keruig was to blame... 

QVC REALLY?????

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC: Please don't say item is available WHEN IT'S NOT....

Your coffee maker that failed should still be under warranty.  Did you call Keurig to get a replacement from them?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

This was about 5 months back.  QVC refunded my money but at that time they had no Keruigs in stock...

Esteemed Contributor

MY question is why have you been waiting for QVC to get it back in stock when it is available in  multiple B&M stores such as Wal Mart, Target, Kohl's, for no shipping fee?  YOu can also get it at lots of Internet vendors such as Amazon and even directly from the Keurig website. Why are you dependent on QVC for it?

Trusted Contributor

Things happen.  There is no need to get upset.

When QVC sells items, they forecast the number of sales, knowing that a certain percentage of orders will be cancelled.  They have to do this, otherwise, they would end up with items stuck in inventory after "selling out."  Additionally, they rely on their vendors.  If they are promised a shipment of X number of Keurigs and sell them based on that number, but only Y number arrive, what are they to do?  Alo, it is very easy for thigns to get mixed up.  They may have two pallets of black Keurigs sitting in their warehouse, but when they open them up, it turns out they were mislabeled.

Again, things happen.  It is not personal, so why get upset.  As others have already pointed out, this product is available from a multitude of sources, so why rely on QVC for such a common product?

Regular Contributor

I kmow I can find one at stores!  This post is to let QVC KNOW THAT THEY ARE IN THE WRONG!

Respected Contributor

if you want to show "QVC is in the wrong", I'm not sure that's what you accomplished.

I worked for a big retailer and inventory counts can be wrong. They can show they have something in inventory but  as they get to last quantities after selling thousands, they come up short. Is this worth all the stress since you already received a refund?

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure QVC screws up on a regular basis. FOr example I ordered the VPH illuminated Ginger jar vase in black on back order.  A couple of weeks later it shipped.  When I received it I had been sent the blue rather that the black I wanted.  I went onto the web site and it only showed as available in the blue.  I called QVC to tell them I was returning it with their return label and not to charge me return postage.  The CS rep I spoke to said her computer system showed the black was available so I asked for a replacement on my return form.  Sure enough they refunded my money since the black was not available.  I was dispointed and of course unlike buying a Keurig I have no other options to get this item.  hardly found it necessary to post that QVC was wrong!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC is showing ZERO Keurig machines in stock, any model. Nada. None. Zilch.

That seems very odd for a product they intend to keep selling. I can see being out of one model or package, but to have NONE in stock at all?

AFAIC I think that says something. If I was the OP I wouldn't be looking for a Keurig from QVC any time soon, if ever.

It does sound as if that was probably the case a few days ago as well, but the inventory/website just hadn't been updated? Will be interested to see whether any more huge Keurig sales extravaganzas take place on QVC - or not.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Inventory was mistated or the product damaged.  A lot goes on in those huge distribution centers.  My employer has a dozen throughout the U.S. and none of them have 100% inventory accuracy.