Respected Contributor

Re: QCard $10 Statement Credit

@Pook wrote:

Sounds like the OP opened the credit account for the $10 statement credit and had no plans to ever use the card again.  If so that makes no sense.  Does sound like OP may have done this before to get the piddly statement credits.  If she were planning to use it again then no problem  Opening and closing a card will get your FICO score to go down.  

It doesn't sound like this at all.  Where did you get the idea that she has no plans to ever use it again?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Thank you DogLver for understanding!  I am very frustrated about this because as I said I have never experienced this before.  You are so right about reading the fine print!  So I have already paid my bill in full, and I guess I will wait for a check in the spring!  I hope you have a Wonderful Day!

@Peaches McPhee  Because she stated (see underlined).  If she were planning to use it again then why is she waiting for  a check???

Honored Contributor

Synchrony Bank is probably hoping you'll forget about the credit.   They're not the most scrupulous financial institution in the world.   Watch them closely. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Purchases subject to credit approval. This $10 Statement Credit offer is valid between January 1 and January 31, 2017 ("Promotional Period"). Offer applies only to QCard® applicants approved during the Promotional Period by Synchrony Bank, the issuer of the QCard, and who make a qualifying purchase that posts to their new QCard account by January 31, 2017. Offer is not valid for purchases made prior to the Promotional Period, the purchase of QVC Gift Cards or QVC eGift Cards, items ordered on Waitlist, or Auto-Delivery or Advance Order items that are not ordered during the Promotional Period, but subsequently ship during the Promotional Period. Offer is not valid for existing QCard holders. The $10 Statement Credit will be applied to the new QCard account once the qualifying order has been processed. Please allow up to two billing periods after the Promotional Period ends for the $10 Statement Credit to post to your account. Your QCard account must remain open, in good standing, and not be delinquent at the time the $10 Statement Credit is posted to the account. Offer is limited to one $10 Statement Credit per QCard account during the Promotional Period. Auto-Delivery customers are only eligible for one $10 Statement Credit. No additional statement credits will be issued in connection with any subsequent Auto-Delivery shipments. Qualifying purchases that are canceled or returned prior to the posting of the $10 Statement Credit will void this offer. If QVC determines that any merchandise was purchased pursuant to a transaction that violated the terms of this offer, then QVC will be entitled to void the $10 Statement Credit issued in connection with such purchase without notice. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. QVC reserves the right to suspend or change the offer at any time without notice. This offer is sponsored by QVC, Inc. and not Synchrony Bank.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

You just can't trust QVC to follow through with what they promise.  That is why I will never get a credit card from them!

Respected Contributor

@SugCat wrote:

Thank you DogLver for understanding!  I am very frustrated about this because as I said I have never experienced this before.  You are so right about reading the fine print!  So I have already paid my bill in full, and I guess I will wait for a check in the spring!  I hope you have a Wonderful Day!

@SugCat   Hi, glad I can be a lady knight in shining armour.  I don't know the price of the item you purchased, put if you pay it in at least 4 installments (whatever the Q calls it), it can cover one of your payments. But of course, you would have needed to set that up when you placed the order.

And, do you know what, if you planned on using this Q card just once, then that is your business. You may get better bonuses through a different credit card. And don't forget to use Mr. Rebates. After bumping their QVC rebate to 1%, it went to 3% this month. I haven't been on the boards that much but I am sure this was a topic of conversation.

Honored Contributor

The q is now offering a $20 statement credit.
Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

You just can't trust QVC to follow through with what they promise.  That is why I will never get a credit card from them!

The post right above yours explains the credit.  It's too soon for the credit to apply.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never had an issue with Synchrony Bank.  I have 3 different accounts with various places, all through Synchrony and I've never had a problem with any of my accounts.

I opened a QCard account several months back.  At the time they were offering a $15.00 statement credit.  My statement credit happened to appear on my very first billing statement.  I guess I was lucky.

No doubt some apply for the credit card, use it for say a $50.00 purchase, think they'll only have to pay $40.00 and they'll be done with the card.  Don't think it doesn't happen. People open accounts at stores all the time to take advantage of promotions like percentages off when you open an account. Then they never use the card again. 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

ITA that the $10 credit should be applied to your 1st purchase not waiting 1-2 billing cycles. They don't want to take it off your 1st purchase so you will purchase something else to use it on. Who wants the $10 check. 

This reminds me that a few months before Christmas Q had I think it was a $20 gift card if you purchased $200 that month & I never received mine. I need to dig up the email from Q stating this with my purchases to send to Q & ask where's my gift card????????? 

Just looked & it was $200 purchases in July which I made. I think I should still get my $20 gift card. Wonder who else did not receive one?

Maybe @Beth-QVC can help you Calling Beth!