New Contributor

I opened a Qcard under the impression I would receive a $10 statement credit after my first order.  I placed my first order and when I received my bill, there was no statement credit.  I called asking about my statement credit.  I was told it would come in the first or second billing cycyle.  I asked them what would happen if I did not make another purchase doing the second billing cycle. They said they would eventually send me a check in the mail.  This is Ridiculous!!!!  I have never had this happen before with any credit card I have opened.  I have always received my statement credit off of my first purchase during the first billing cycle.  Just beware if you plan to open a Qcard and think you will get the $10 statement credit off the first billing cycle!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: QCard $10 Statement Credit

What's ridiculous about it?!!!  You will get the $10 no matter what!!  You are not being gyped out of anything!!  I don't see why it would matter - you are getting the  statement credit or $10 after your first purchase.  I never heard anything about it being  immediate!  Some , I guess, would find fault and complain about anything!!!

Honored Contributor

@SugCatI don't have a QCard, but I have had plenty of credit card rebates.  Mine have come after I've paid for the qualifying purchases. 

Sorry you're upset, but if $10 delayed a month makes you that nervous, maybe you shouldn't be charging anything anywhere.

Respected Contributor

Ladies, you are unbelievable. If you think you are getting a $10 statement credit, then why not expect it in the first billing cycle. I guess you have to read the fine print.

And I understand the  OP's frustration. What I don't understand is the insensitive responses.

New Contributor

Thank you DogLver for understanding!  I am very frustrated about this because as I said I have never experienced this before.  You are so right about reading the fine print!  So I have already paid my bill in full, and I guess I will wait for a check in the spring!  I hope you have a Wonderful Day!

Respected Contributor

@SugCat, just be sure you do eventually get the $10 credit.  They had this promotion about a year or two ago, I had multiple contacts with QVC over MONTHS to try to get my credit.  Finally, I did, but only after intervenion from the moderators on this board.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
New Contributor

Peaches McPhee,  Thank you so much for the heads up!  I really appreciate it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SugCat wrote:

I opened a Qcard under the impression I would receive a $10 statement credit after my first order.  I placed my first order and when I received my bill, there was no statement credit.  I called asking about my statement credit.  I was told it would come in the first or second billing cycyle.  I asked them what would happen if I did not make another purchase doing the second billing cycle. They said they would eventually send me a check in the mail.  This is Ridiculous!!!!  I have never had this happen before with any credit card I have opened.  I have always received my statement credit off of my first purchase during the first billing cycle.  Just beware if you plan to open a Qcard and think you will get the $10 statement credit off the first billing cycle!

@SugCat

I agree but I think they say on the air that the $10 will be credited a month or 2 later.......

My advice..........cut up that QCard and use something else (Syncrony Bank is a horror to deal with,even if you are  ahead of your payments).Take it a step further and shop somewhere else,unless you like problems most of the time.Shopping is not ,"always easy or even convient"   here at the Q  Take that from a very long time shopper about to quit!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the OP opened the credit account for the $10 statement credit and had no plans to ever use the card again.  If so that makes no sense.  Does sound like OP may have done this before to get the piddly statement credits.  If she were planning to use it again then no problem  Opening and closing a card will get your FICO score to go down.  

Honored Contributor

ITA that the $10 credit should be applied to your 1st purchase not waiting 1-2 billing cycles. They don't want to take it off your 1st purchase so you will purchase something else to use it on. Who wants the $10 check. 

This reminds me that a few months before Christmas Q had I think it was a $20 gift card if you purchased $200 that month & I never received mine. I need to dig up the email from Q stating this with my purchases to send to Q & ask where's my gift card????????? 

Just looked & it was $200 purchases in July which I made. I think I should still get my $20 gift card. Wonder who else did not receive one?