Honored Contributor

Please add forum dedicated to technical website issues only

[ Edited ]

I've suggested this before (back in 2014), but now that the new Community platform has been in use for more than a year I wanted to offer it up once more.

Please create a sub-forum dedicated only to all reports of QVC.com technical website problems, with regular interaction by IT support staff or the Q Social Team.

The ongoing technical issues are exasperating for customers, exhibit poor public relations, make it harder for IT staff to understand and correct problems, and reportedly are causing QVC to lose sales (posters state repeatedly that they've given up ordering because of all the technical glitches).

There’s no single point-of-report, there's little or no clear acknowledgment from QVC that the issues have been noted, and there are few subsequent updates about the problems.

Currently, we’re using at least 8 different haphazard means of reporting:
🔺Posting threads at random in all the various Community forums
🔺Adding the threads to Customer Care, Suggestion Box, or Q Talk (I understand Customer Care might be the best place for reporting, but it's not clear since that forum is also used as a catch-all for all sorts of customer service concerns.   I'm not even sure I posted this thread in the correct forum.)
🔺Using the Feedback feature
🔺Using the online chat feature

🔺Using the Customer Service link
🔺Phoning the regular Customer Service number
🔺Phoning the Technical Support number
🔺Sending email messages to the Q customer service addresses (and there are several of those addresses)

Suggestions:

1 -- Establish one, single location (sub-forum) for reports of website technical problems.   Give that forum a specific name indicating it is a tech problem report forum.   This way, everyone can see if others are experiencing the same tech issues and can add their info in the same forum or thread on the Community.   (For reports made on other forums alerting the moderators, they might be moved to the tech report forum to consolidate and simplify.)

2 -- Offer customers a standard report format, with a list of questions to answer, to be sure you know specifically what’s happening, when it began, what device they’re using, which browser, specific software versions, what they tried to correct the problem (such as deleting browser cookies/cache/website data and relaunching the browser), etc.

3 -- Respond to the reports on a regular basis so your customers know someone is paying attention.

I have a background in IT and tech support, and I've never seen such a disorganized tech report system (or lack of a system) on a major website.  The standard is to find a simple way funnel all reports into one location with one basic method of reporting.    I hope other posters will add to these suggestions or provide alternative ideas.    I do understand that the Q Social Team isn't the tech support staff, I feel they're doing a wonderful job of finding our reports and passing them along, and I'm sure the tech problems are a headache for them, too.   I realize there's not a simple answer and that others might have a better solution.   Thanks for listening!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Re: Please consider creating a forum dedicated only to technical website issues

Honored Contributor

Excellent suggestion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

THANK YOU @dooBdoo!

QVC-Give this lady a job at your website/tech dept!

thumbs-up | The Box

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree @dooBdoo and have long suggested that at the very least they ought to better use this website to communicate issues with users when they know they exist and to communicate with users when we're the ones making them aware of issues. The utility of 'form' emails back and forth is minimal, at best.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Please consider a forum dedicated to technical website issues only

[ Edited ]

Keyai-QVC partially responded to some of these concerns in the MODS - WEBSITE NOTIFICATION thread in this forum where @shoptheQ and I had posted. I didn't want to cut & paste to here, but you can read it there.

I agree it would be nice, but as we have seen over and over whenever issues occur, even if you put a sign up with an arrow and neon lights, some posters will still "do their own thing" in whatever area they feel like posting, and will still complain without giving any helpful information; you can't force people to do it logically, and you can't force them to provide requested info. 

If someone's thread is moved by moderators into the logical forum, some posters will not notice and will scream that their thread/post was poofed, ignored, etc and start yet ANOTHER thread in the wrong area. Some will not provide requested info and still expect to be helped. And then there is the extra, pretty thankless work for the moderators searching for posts that need moving.

I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit with this. It would help, but it could well be more time-consuming on the moderators' end and still not totally solve the scattered nature of this issue. Those of you who have been around awhile, I think you can picture just what I've pointed out ;-) It would not be smooth sailing.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Re: Please add forum dedicated to technical website issues only

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo

GREAT suggestions!

The site was very slow today and hearts weren't working right and I didn't know WHERE or HOW to report the best way.

The status quo is very

confusing.  I hope the PTB do something.

@Keyai@Alice-QVC@Beth-QVC@Susan-QVC@Wayne-QVC@Melvin-QVC@Eva-QVC

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Imho this is a very very good suggestion.

I never know where to report.

@Keyai is this being considered for a

separate Forum?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Btw there's a 9th place:

Some posters report website tech

bugs in the Electronics Forum.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Until there is a dedicated IT forum, I feel the IT team should respond wherever board members choose to post.