Honored Contributor

Yep it seems QVC takes their long time customers for granite.....QVC seems to go above and beyond for new customers only---and who knows if they will ever come back and shop with QVC again....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

What kind of an account?  Qvc credit card or membership?

@GSPgirl

I think all that was required if you purchased something for the first time on QVC...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@deemun wrote:

So new customers opening an account get a $5. credit.  I've been a loyal customer ordering over an almost 25-year period.  What do I get? 

What do you get? Why dear, the unmitigated joy of knowing that you've had the extreme privilege of shopping with QVC for twenty-five blessed years... In other words... the shaft...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

And don't forget "the joy" of the lovely "try me fee"........Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@deemun wrote:

So new customers opening an account get a $5. credit.  I've been a loyal customer ordering over an almost 25-year period.  What do I get? 

What do you get? Why dear, the unmitigated joy of knowing that you've had the extreme privilege of shopping with QVC for twenty-five blessed years... In other words... the shaft...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

Not sure what a "try me fee" is, but the OP says she's been a loyal customer for twenty-five years. There must have been some joy involved.

Regular Contributor

This topic hits a nerve with me as well.  Those of who have been loyal customers of wireless communication and television cable/satellite companies are subsidizing the cut rate costs offered to entice new customers.  If we could all disconnect for a month and live without our digital dependence, we may drive home a message that rewarding long term customers is just as important as bringing in new business.

Respected Contributor

@deemun wrote:

The $5 certainly won't make me a millionaire but it also shows how respected I am as a customer and perhaps I should start to shop elsewhere.

Over $5.00?  If it means that much to you, your perogative to shop elsewhere.  New offers are made all the time to reel in new customers ... both here and other retail/online stores.

Honored Contributor

Re: New customers

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@deemun wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

Not sure what a "try me fee" is, but the OP says she's been a loyal customer for twenty-five years. There must have been some joy involved.

@SusieQ_2

What long time customers affectionately refer to as the "try me fee" is when you a return an item you lose your original shipping charge (in other words your shipping is not refunded), PLUS $6.95 is deducted from the refund for use of the return label.  The average loss on a return is therefore, around $10 ($6.95 + $3.00 = $9.95 to return an item with average shipping charges. ....Sometimes it's even more---or example, most handbags QVC charges $12 for shipping so that would cost $12 + $6.95 = $18.95 if you purchased a handbag and didn't like it and returned it......Most retailers refund your full amount and also pay for the return postage....That's what we mean.  The only exception is something that is defective, and you have to contact Customer Service in order to get your full money refunded.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

@deemun wrote:

The $5 certainly won't make me a millionaire but it also shows how respected I am as a customer and perhaps I should start to shop elsewhere.

Over $5.00?  If it means that much to you, your perogative to shop elsewhere.  New offers are made all the time to reel in new customers ... both here and other retail/online stores.

@makena

QVC's revenues have been down for several quarters now, other retailers certainly make offers and it's obvious we can shop elsewhere....so what your advocating is we go elsewhere and QVC loses more revenue and if it keeps going in that direction the Q may find themselves struggling like other retailers---Sears, K-mart, JCP, Kohls,and eventually close their doors....

Maybe QVC's loyal customers would be inclined to make more purchases at QVC and keep them as a viable shoppiing place , if they appreciated their customers once in a while---like other profitable retailers do...Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@deemun wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

@SusieQ_2

What long time customers affectionately refer to as the "try me fee" is when you a return an item you lose your original shipping (that is not refunded), PLUS $6.95 is deducted from the refund for use of the return label.  The average loss an a return is therefore, around $10 ($6.95 + $3.00 = $9.95 to return an average item.....Sometimes it's even for example, most handbacks they charge shipping of $12 so that would cost $12 + $6.95 = $18.95 if you purchased a handbag and didn't like it and return it......Most retailers refund your full amount and also pay for the return postage....That's what we mean.  The only exception is something that is defective, and you have to contact Customer Service in order to get your full money refunded.

@Spurt, With all due respect to long time customers, that's not a try me fee, it's shipping and handling. I shop at many online retailers and I wouldn't say most pay for return shipping. Some do, some don't. 

As far what a true "try me" would be, I'd say that's more like when a customer can purchase a product and use it at their leisure for 30 days and still return it for the full purchase price which QVC does. Things like shoes that have been worn, beauty creams used, clothing worn and washed yet still refunded if the customer is not satisfied, etc. That's a true "try me." There aren't too many retailers out there willing to do that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@deemun wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

@SusieQ_2

What long time customers affectionately refer to as the "try me fee" is when you a return an item you lose your original shipping (that is not refunded), PLUS $6.95 is deducted from the refund for use of the return label.  The average loss an a return is therefore, around $10 ($6.95 + $3.00 = $9.95 to return an average item.....Sometimes it's even for example, most handbacks they charge shipping of $12 so that would cost $12 + $6.95 = $18.95 if you purchased a handbag and didn't like it and return it......Most retailers refund your full amount and also pay for the return postage....That's what we mean.  The only exception is something that is defective, and you have to contact Customer Service in order to get your full money refunded.

@Spurt, With all due respect to long time customers, that's not a try me fee, it's shipping and handling. I shop at many online retailers and I wouldn't say most pay for return shipping. Some do, some don't. 

As far what a true "try me" would be, I'd say that's more like when a customer can purchase a product and use it at their leisure for 30 days and still return it for the full purchase price which QVC does. Things like shoes that have been worn, beauty creams used, clothing worn and washed yet still refunded if the customer is not satisfied, etc. That's a true "try me." There aren't too many retailers out there willing to do that. 

@SusieQ_2

There are a few of us that call it a "try me fee" as a joke.......because some of the hosts are always saying "it costs you nothing to get the item home and try it"...when it actually DOES cost you something to try that QVC product if you don't like it and have to return it.....Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

I've bought things from retailers and they've said to call before returning something and they have even told me to keep it and donate it to charity and they would issue a full refund or give me a credit.....And many retailers selling clothing return the full price includig your shipping and handling...