Occasional Contributor

So new customers opening an account get a $5. credit.  I've been a loyal customer ordering over an almost 25-year period.  What do I get? 

Esteemed Contributor

Just a Thank You.    (I thought the same thing - we've kept the Q in business for THIRTY YEARS)

Honored Contributor

@deemun wrote:

So new customers opening an account get a $5. credit.  I've been a loyal customer ordering over an almost 25-year period.  What do I get? 

What do you get? Why dear, the unmitigated joy of knowing that you've had the extreme privilege of shopping with QVC for twenty-five blessed years... In other words... the shaft...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

The $5 certainly won't make me a millionaire but it also shows how respected I am as a customer and perhaps I should start to shop elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

Zilch, & endless easy pays to allow more buying and longer 

debt.

Respected Contributor

The $5 just may help out with the inflated s&h cost. It really isn't a big deal, they just want to increase new charge customers.

Respected Contributor

@deemun wrote:

You just hit on one of the real sore spots in my world.  I have been a customer of an old and trusted phone company for about 64 years and I purchased my first cell phone from them on 2/2/80.  Today they offer multiple perks for anyone signing up today as a new customer.  Free phones, discountered services for a year or more, etc. So what do they offer me?  Apparently just a monthly bill and a chance to pay full price for anything new I want to buy.  I've considered moving, but thus far it's a lot of trouble  - we have five cell phones to move. But is it fair to award people who are new and not loyal folks like me?   IMHO INDEED NOT!!

I suppose it would be wiser to switch around every year or so and pick up the perks offered by almost everyone. I guess I'm just a little lazy. Maybe I'll start an annual move the phones day. 

There was a little song we used to sing in school slightly altered to fit the situation:

"Make new friends, but keep the old . .

The new are silver, but the old are gold."

Respected Contributor

What kind of an account?  Qvc credit card or membership?

Respected Contributor

Years ago when I bought my first item from QVC I got a $20 credit. That was in the 1980's. HSN was doing $40 yesterday when you opened a HSN card. 

Occasional Contributor

Membership.  It's for new customers.